Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Intel Inside

Tip us?

DKSE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool Intel Inside

I've read references about getting Intel on board on some of the news articles about Project Ara. Considering Intel is working to bring x86 to the smartphone world could this be the key to getting full x86 desktop version Windows running smoothly on a smartphone?

pulteb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Theres this company that is making CPUs for Ara called Rocketchip I think. They're working with Intel to make them so yeah, I guess it'll have intel

Sent from my SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

DKSE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulteb View Post
Theres this company that is making CPUs for Ara called Rocketchip I think. They're working with Intel to make them so yeah, I guess it'll have intel

But will it specifically be the x86 architecture? Most mobile processors use mobile architectures, and while there is Windows for arm architecture it is not the same as the desktop windows we know and love. Desktop Windows is possible on mobile architecture through emulation but it will never be smooth, fast, stable, or fully functional.

eragon5779
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulteb View Post

Rockchip. I have a rockchip tablet. They are okay. I hope Intel gets involved. They have x64 devices already if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app