Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,069 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to Root Or Flash Recovery have stock 4.4

Tip us?

ashishji12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] How to Root Or Flash Recovery have stock 4.4

I am having stock 4.4 out of the box. I am looking to root it. but root genius failed. Now i am trying to flash recovery so i can install custom roms.
I am now have stock kitkat recovery. How to flash cwm recovery to it through flash tool. I dont have any rom files.

Please tell me to flash which and all files i have to download.

Now i have img file of CWM recovery from here and flash tool

What are the other rom files to download or extract from mobile. and steps ? pls reply
The Following User Says Thank You to ashishji12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rufus.reynolds
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishji12 View Post
I am having stock 4.4 out of the box. I am looking to root it. but root genius failed. Now i am trying to flash recovery so i can install custom roms.
I am now have stock kitkat recovery. How to flash cwm recovery to it through flash tool. I dont have any rom files.

Please tell me to flash which and all files i have to download.

Now i have img file of CWM recovery from here and flash tool

What are the other rom files to download or extract from mobile. and steps ? pls reply
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2811065

For rooting u will have to ask Puduraja and Avi send em a PM

I hope this helps....
Downlad the desired recovery and use flashify to install the recovery or u can use mobile uncle tools...

And Press thanks to Avi if things work out fine for you.

Sent from my Q3000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rufus.reynolds For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

allan.vaz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hey,
I struggled a lot with rooting my q3000 (4.4) too. None of the one-click-root apps will work.

You will have to use SP flash tools.

Sometimes the scatter file given in the (http://forum.xda-developers.com/q300...q3000-t2835037) thread wont work. For that I had to download MTK Droid Tool. It will create your build specific scatter file. use that and you will be able to flash the recovery fine.

Make sure you use a recovery for KK

Just follow the instructions given on the thread carefully and you'll manage to root your phone just fine.

Dont forget to thank the Devs
The Following User Says Thank You to allan.vaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]