Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unlock failed

Tip us?
 
Victor Gtz
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [Q] unlock failed

Hi XDA guys, so i have this trouble and i don't know what to do, the problem is that my phone get bricked after updating whatsapp and now i can only boot the phone into fastboot an when i try to unlock the bootlader i get this, so help me please!!

Code:
(bootloader) BLKDISCARD ioctl /dev/block/mmcblk0 fail
(bootloader) Erase userdata fail
(bootloader) General Unlock failure!
(bootloader) OEM unlock failure!
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 8.603s
 
5m00v3
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 108
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hamburg, DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Gtz View Post
Hi XDA guys, so i have this trouble and i don't know what to do, the problem is that my phone get bricked after updating whatsapp... [/CODE]

Hi, maybe you could give us some more clear infos of what you have done exactly...
Why you want to unlock your bootloader?
Try to reflash an original firmware with RDS and if you want root use "TwerkMyMoto"...
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed
 
Victor Gtz
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3 View Post
Hi, maybe you could give us some more clear infos of what you have done exactly...
Why you want to unlock your bootloader?
Try to reflash an original firmware with RDS and if you want root use "TwerkMyMoto"...
Well mi phone was working fine with stock firmware and locked bootlader, so i recive this whatsapp update and after this installation the phone shut down and get on again but with the boot logo of motorola and get stuck in it, and if i enter in fastboot non of the options work only the phone gets frized, so i was triyin to unlock the bootloader, for a chance to fix the problem with an update via RSD, but when i try to unlock the bootlader it gives me the error as i mention in the first post and i dont know what do
 
5m00v3
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 108
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Hamburg, DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Gtz View Post
...so i was triyin to unlock the bootloader, for a chance to fix the problem with an update via RSD...
you dont need to unlock the bootloader to reflash your original firmware via RSD-Lite!
Follow this to install stock rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643779

I got yesterday also an Update-Information from whatsapp. I will NOT install until it is confirmed as non-bricking. Thx for your info/warning!
Phones: HTC Explorer (Pico) - CyanogenMod / Razr i - Root with locked BL Daily / Huawei G510-0100 - as developer device
[HARDWARE MOD] Microphone Cover - RAZRi - - - - - [APP] Playstation Mobile - ROOT needed
 
Victor Gtz
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3 View Post
you dont need to unlock the bootloader to reflash your original firmware via RSD-Lite!
Follow this to install stock rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643779

I got yesterday also an Update-Information from whatsapp. I will NOT install until it is confirmed as non-bricking. Thx for your info/warning!
i Just try using RDS Lite but in the step 4 the reboot never boot and the flash fail
 
thiagomtl
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Recife
Can you enter recovery? Selecting it in the fastboot menu, what happens? In RSD does it flashes and only in the reboot portion it fails? Did you try to turn it on without the external SD card?

As far as i can tell the device is trying to use the linux discard command, it seems like a wipe that gone wrong.
 
Victor Gtz
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default regnotp synagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagomtl View Post
Can you enter recovery? Selecting it in the fastboot menu, what happens? In RSD does it flashes and only in the reboot portion it fails? Did you try to turn it on without the external SD card?

As far as i can tell the device is trying to use the linux discard command, it seems like a wipe that gone wrong.
Hi thiagomtl let me answer your questions, when i try to enter in recovery the phone gets stuck again with the motorola boot logo and after a while returns to fastboot mode, and when i try to flash whit RSD in the step 4 that is reboot, on the phone stays a command that says Rebooting Droidboot and nothing happens, and yeah when i do this operaions i always remove the sim card and the sd card , so if you now something ill appreciate a lot it!!
 
thiagomtl
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Recife
Try those in fastboot:
fastboot erase data
fastboot erase cache
After try RSD again.
 
moxon04
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5m00v3 View Post
you dont need to unlock the bootloader to reflash your original firmware via RSD-Lite!
Follow this to install stock rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643779
Are you sure about that ?
 
ICuaI
Old
#10  
ICuaI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 333
Join Date: Apr 2013
For original firmware there is no need to unlock
I was atheist until I realised I am God
[SIZE="1"]Razr I -> infiniROM + AOSP-ThemeMod
Defy green -> CM11 by Quarx
Nexus 10 ♦ PURITY ROM ♦

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes