Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 44,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Omar ROM SystemUI and Framework

Tip us?

furia94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Omar ROM SystemUI and Framework

Hello,

I'm using the Omarīs Rom and I wonder if it is possible to use the latest rom (16/07), but with the systemui.apk and framework.apk of the version before of KREAT0R's white one( i don't like the the white system).

Is there any problem if i replace the framework-res.apk and system.apk of Omar Jul-16 version for the May-14 framework-res.apk and system.apk using 7zip without unzip the rom and after i flash the rom?

Thanks

KREAT0R
Old
Thanks Meter 33
No problem, you backup before just in case.
The Following User Says Thank You to KREAT0R For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

furia94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I made this and the power menu dont work anymore. I press the power button and the phone reboot.
I cant turn of my phone anymore. Can you help me?

furia94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have changed "android.policy.jar, framework-ext.jar, framework-res.apk, framework.jar and SystemUI.apk and still have the problem. When i push the power button and hold to turn off the phone reboots. No idea what is wrong. Please help me. I just want to use latest Omarīs Rom without the white systemui.apk and framework.apk.

furia94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I had to flash the latest Omarīs ROM without changes to get power menu working again. I used the root explorer to change systemui.apk and the power menu was still working. So i changed the framework-res.apk and the power menu disappeared. So the problem is with the framework. Do i have to change another thing to substitute the white framework-res.apk for the original?

Thanks

ZeBunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello,

I'm facing the same issue with Omar's Rom (I did not try the latest from the 16th of July).

I am not sure if you are using XPosed + modules - this is the case for me.

So if I dirty flash the rom and wipe Dalvik+Cache, reboot - the phone is alive and the power button seems to operate as expected. And I have not seen reboot because of that.

Now, if I enable the XPosed Framework then the troubles begin.... Made some trials and I have figure that, in my case, if I have the XPrivacy module active, then the problems appear: the power button would not really lock the phone. Instead the screen will get dimmed, only status bar visible and eventually the phone will reboot. The same happens if I do not switch off the screen with the power button but let the screen timeout kick in.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeBunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]