Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[HELP] Weirdo - my LED stopped working due to empty parameters!

OP alienyd

3rd July 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

74 posts
Hi everyone,
recently the LED notification light on my RAZR i stopped working. Well it still lights up at boot, but after that, none.
I've tried all I could think of:
- Xposed: enable/disable/uninstall
- Apps: Light flow, GravityBox, Xblast Tools
- Motorola Notification Enable/Disable widget
- ROM: Omar's previews versions, other ROMs, Stock ROM
Trying all that, nothing worked.
Somebody tipped me on the parameter for the LED in this folder:
Code:
sys/class/leds
and as a matter of fact, there's nothing in there - it should contain the parameter to control the LED, I guess. This folder isn't include in any full ROM image, and I have no idea how/why it was deleted on my device.
So I'm posting this big HELP sign here, and hope that somebody would send me the content of this folder, or help me with a sollution to this problem.
Without the notification light, it's REALLY frustrating
Please, help...
Thanks a lot!
4th July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 884

641 posts
More
Yep it should contain all the information about the led. its build up at run time when the phone starts. The kernel, battery lib and android framework should modify and add things to it. In your case it clearly does not. Have u tried a full reflash with rsd lite (latest firmware version). If not i can give u my content (doesn't contain personal data) and hope that can help.
4th July 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

74 posts
thanks, like i said, i tried returning to stock with rsd lite, tested it, flashed Omar's ROM, tested again, it's still empty.
It'll be great if you could send me these files, i guess they are all general for all devices and shouldn't cause any problem.
great thank in advance!

Update:
Returned to Stock again (this one: CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU), installed TWRP, browse to sys/class/leds, there's only charging file in there. Please note that I đi let the phone boot up and etc. so if anything should be created automatically from the system, they should have already been put there.
Longing for your files, Hazou!!!!
Last edited by alienyd; 4th July 2014 at 04:11 PM.
6th July 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #4  

641 posts
More
Looked today at it again. I should have known that those files cant be extracted and inserted in your device. Those files technically don't exist.

I will try to look at a solution today. i will update this post. But don't expect to much, new terrain here
6th July 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

74 posts
thank you a lot, for the will to try and help me! I still can't figure out what deleted those files, they don't seem to ever be altered by any app, and it's weird that even Stock image doesn't include them, which mean they should be generated by the system, presumably at boot.
The only thing I find in there is the charging file - but even with this, LED doesn't show up during charge :|
Am I the only one having this problem?!
7th July 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #6  

641 posts
More
those parameters should be created at boot by the kernel. After the kernel is boot the ramdisk chances ownership of the files so the system can use them.

Here are the real paths of the led parameters: sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:03.3/i2c-4/4-0067/leds

If u don't have those, there is a possibility that your leds are in someway broken. Maybe the driver is broken lm2755.
8th July 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

74 posts
thank you for the feedback.i checked the path, here's the content:

no leds, no surprise
do you have any suggestion what i should do now?
also, i just think it might be relevant to mention that, i randomly loose vibration. this means, vibration is lost GLOBALLY - navbar, long press power button, no haptic feedback whatsoever! it even lasts until after reboot (full reboot, where green led shows up, along with short vibrations - test pattern i guess).
this has been happening for some time now. the vibration does come back after some time, but unpredictably, or i haven't been able to find a path to it yet.
the lost of vibration normally happens when actively using the phone - it's never lost when i unlock, if it still worked before that.
at first i thought it's just a bug due to some xposed module, or rom's bug. Only today did i realize that this even goes to the boot up process. maybe, going that far to such a level, it might have something to do with the led problem too.
what do you think about all these, Hazou?
8th July 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #8  

641 posts
More
Look at the file modulair as text. See what is in it. It should state the driver. Lm2755. I wil look for a way to reload the driver. Maybe with the reloading it will solf soms thing.

Verstuurd van mijn XT890
8th July 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

74 posts
yep, it says
i2c:lm2755
thank you for your help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread