[Q] Omar ROM SystemUI and Framework

Search This thread

furia94

Apr 18, 2013
Hello,

I'm using the Omar´s Rom and I wonder if it is possible to use the latest rom (16/07), but with the systemui.apk and framework.apk of the version before of KREAT0R's white one( i don't like the the white system).

Is there any problem if i replace the framework-res.apk and system.apk of Omar Jul-16 version for the May-14 framework-res.apk and system.apk using 7zip without unzip the rom and after i flash the rom?

Thanks

furia94

Apr 18, 2013
I made this and the power menu dont work anymore. I press the power button and the phone reboot.
I cant turn of my phone anymore. Can you help me?

furia94

Apr 18, 2013
I have changed "android.policy.jar, framework-ext.jar, framework-res.apk, framework.jar and SystemUI.apk and still have the problem. When i push the power button and hold to turn off the phone reboots. No idea what is wrong. Please help me. I just want to use latest Omar´s Rom without the white systemui.apk and framework.apk.

furia94

Apr 18, 2013
I had to flash the latest Omar´s ROM without changes to get power menu working again. I used the root explorer to change systemui.apk and the power menu was still working. So i changed the framework-res.apk and the power menu disappeared. So the problem is with the framework. Do i have to change another thing to substitute the white framework-res.apk for the original?

Thanks

ZeBunk

Dec 4, 2013
Hello,

I'm facing the same issue with Omar's Rom (I did not try the latest from the 16th of July).

I am not sure if you are using XPosed + modules - this is the case for me.

So if I dirty flash the rom and wipe Dalvik+Cache, reboot - the phone is alive and the power button seems to operate as expected. And I have not seen reboot because of that.

Now, if I enable the XPosed Framework then the troubles begin.... Made some trials and I have figure that, in my case, if I have the XPrivacy module active, then the problems appear: the power button would not really lock the phone. Instead the screen will get dimmed, only status bar visible and eventually the phone will reboot. The same happens if I do not switch off the screen with the power button but let the screen timeout kick in.

Reactions: furia94

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problem, you backup before just in case.
    Hello,

I'm facing the same issue with Omar's Rom (I did not try the latest from the 16th of July).

I am not sure if you are using XPosed + modules - this is the case for me.

So if I dirty flash the rom and wipe Dalvik+Cache, reboot - the phone is alive and the power button seems to operate as expected. And I have not seen reboot because of that.

Now, if I enable the XPosed Framework then the troubles begin.... Made some trials and I have figure that, in my case, if I have the XPrivacy module active, then the problems appear: the power button would not really lock the phone. Instead the screen will get dimmed, only status bar visible and eventually the phone will reboot. The same happens if I do not switch off the screen with the power button but let the screen timeout kick in.