Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

English ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 1s Qualcomm?

OP xelaris

24th July 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
I've just bought a Xiaomi Redmi 1s (Qualcomm) - I'm surprised to know there are no available custom ROM (in English) for this phone...am I right?
Right now, I'm stuck with a very capable phone ridden with a mix/match of Chinese and English texts/menus which makes it all the more frustrating...some menus in the phone page are in Chinese only?!
29th July 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Have you tried this one?

goo.im/devs/ibotpeaches/miuiandroid/releases/redmi1s/xiaomi.eu_multi_armani_JHCCNBD24.0_jb-4.3.zip
It's supposed to be multi-language, with Play Store preinstalled.

Or this:
celogeek.miuiandroid.com/redmi1s/xiaomi.eu_multi_armani_29.0.0_jb-4.3.zip
Last edited by W60; 29th July 2014 at 07:28 AM.
2nd August 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W60

Have you tried this one?

goo.im/devs/ibotpeaches/miuiandroid/releases/redmi1s/xiaomi.eu_multi_armani_JHCCNBD24.0_jb-4.3.zip
It's supposed to be multi-language, with Play Store preinstalled.

Or this:
celogeek.miuiandroid.com/redmi1s/xiaomi.eu_multi_armani_29.0.0_jb-4.3.zip

thank for the links...
I've tried the armani_29 version and seemed ok - the auto brightness was a bit sluggish and I've changed to the latest official version - the auto brightness works better now....
Apart from it....the 2 ROMs aren't that different (the ChinEnglish is still there lurking here and there) - when looking for a ROM I expect a more radical change...(otherwise...why bother?)
13th November 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #4  
Flag Nong Khai, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 9

87 posts
More
Talking Rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by xelaris

thank for the links...
I've tried the armani_29 version and seemed ok - the auto brightness was a bit sluggish and I've changed to the latest official version - the auto brightness works better now....
Apart from it....the 2 ROMs aren't that different (the ChinEnglish is still there lurking here and there) - when looking for a ROM I expect a more radical change...(otherwise...why bother?)

I used the first rom listed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...33&postcount=3
and found it very good. It took a little while to settle down but am happy with it now (after 1 day).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread