Search This thread

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com
CyanogenMod 12.1 thread
Click here :D

What is CyanogenMod?
CyanogenMod 11.0 is a custom ROM based on Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over AOSP for your device. CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

Downloads:
CyanogenMod:
Latest version: 2015-08-29

GApps link

Instructions:
First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM (e.g. MIUI)?
WARNING: This procedure will factory reset your device! Accounts, applications, settings, etc will be lost!
Download the file cm-11-xx-UNOFFICIAL-hm2014811.zip to your phone from the links below
Download the file gapps-kk-xx-minimal-edition-signed.zip to your phone from the links below
Reboot your device into Recovery mode by holding PWR+VOL-UP
Format userdata, cache and dalvik cache
Install both the ROM and the GApps zip files
Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0?
Download the file cm-11-xx-UNOFFICIAL-hm2014811.zip to your phone from the links below
Install the ROM zip
Reboot

Experience issues?
Please provide the following info:
logcat
dmesg
/sys/fs/pstore/ram_oops if it is a reboot
Create an issue on the GitHub repo! I won't entertain many requests on this thread.

Special mentions:
@balika011 - Open source kernel

Last edited:

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com
Changelog

29/08/2015
Update base to MIUI 5.8.22
Get rid of prebuilt kernel for CAF LNX.LA.3.7.2 kernel
Use CM 11.0 gralloc and media HALs
Use CAF LNX.LA.3.7.2 WLAN and FM drivers
Use CAF LNX.LA.3.7.2 camera and GPS HAL
Switch to FIOPS IO scheduler
Better memory management (KSM, adaptive LMK, kernel updates)
Update interactive governor to latest CAF source

Bugs:
Ambient light sensor is broken
Battery data is slightly inaccurate

02/08/2015
Enabled CNE and DPM for lower network and Wi-Fi power consumption
Added MPEG-DASH support
Added color temperature calibration support (Display -> Screen calibration)
Updated blobs to MIUI 5.7.16 Global

25/07/2015:
Improved GFX performance and touch response
Improved camera shutter speed performance and audio recording quality
Added volume rocker wake controls
Added support for media jack buttons
Enabled notification LED toggle and multicolor LEDs
Fixed freeze on playing a particular MKV video with DTS audio format
Fixed HEVC decoder
Disabled zRAM

19/07/2015:
Fix proximity sensor (for those who had problems)

18/07/2015:
Fix FM radio
Enable MP3/AAC offload
Use stock auto brightness levels
Enable zRAM
Added QCOM extended media capabilities
Add proper verified build fingerprints
Updated camera blobs from MIUI 5.7.16

13/07/2015:
Optimize interactive governor tuning for power efficiency
Optimize IO performance
Optimize RAM usage for fewer redraws
Fix Bluetooth Low Energy peripheral mode

02/07/2015:
Fixed GStream services like SoundCloud
Fixed FM radio
Updated audio calibration
Set appropriate model IDs
Allow ROM to be flashed freely from any Redmi 2 variant

28/06/2015:
Updated CM sources and blobs from MIUI 5.6.25
Updated kernel from MIUI 5.6.25
Improved camera performance
Improved memory management
Set SELinux to enforcing
Reduced WIFI battery consumption

21/06/2015:
Updated CM sources
Improved performance and reduce micro-stuttering
Clean up
Increased minimum brightness

Last edited:

1emrys1

May 29, 2013
A review

Old post( made on 18th July 2015)
Thanks a lot! any idea if/when our device will get its own forum on xda? What about a codename, like redmi 1s is known as Armani. And do you plan on making this cm11 as official by submitting it to them? :)

Edit(8-8-2015)
Okay I'm editing this useless post and adding some info to make it useful because a lot of people are gonna be seeing it, since it's on the first page.
I flashed this rom about a week ago and this is the most stable rom for this device. It is pure and simple Cyanogenmod. No unneeded extra bloated features gotten through hacking and what not. Nope. Simple and pure cyanogenmod. And that's why it runs smooth as butter. Let's talk point wise about some things.
1) Battery- For me, the most important thing about a phone is its battery life. If it is plugged in half the time, what's the use. A mobile is supposed to be mobile. :p This rom has great battery life. It gives a screen on time of 7 hours. Read that again. Not overall time. Just the screen on time of 7 hours. Over all time can easily go upto 3 days if you use it for 2 hours every day. I'm a heavy user though and it lasts me a minimum of 7 hours. This is as good as the stock Miui rom and the developer has done this without the kernel sources, so thumbs up to him. Be sure to thank him by pressing the thanks button.
2) Ram - It's a 1GB ram phone. At least that's what I'm using. So dont expect the performance of a flagship from it. If you use greenify and hibernate all useless apps, you wont face a single lag or stutter. I always have around 300-350 mb ram free after installing around 120 apps. All of them are greenified, except whatsapp, hike, alarm clock, nova launcher and swiftkey. I'm a greenify freak. :D Whatever you do, be sure to greenify facebook and chrome because they hog a lot of ram.
3) Sound/Music - I was very surprised by the music quality that this rom provides. It's loud and clear as the Miui rom. To get such clarity and quality in an early build of a custom rom and that too without kernel sources is a miracle. Kudos to the dev.
4) Camera - Now we are talking. :victory: Everyone is concerned about the camera. Well the stock camera is not good and it doesnt take pictures as good as the Miui rom camera. But not to worry, go to page 4 or 5 of this thread and you'll find the apk of cyanogen camera linked there. Download it and install it normally. It works quite good. It also has the option of time lapse video which is quite nice. But some of you might not like even that camera. So search for "Miui camera port for cyanogenmod" and you should find a miui forum link where the zip file is present. Download the file and flash it via recovery and voila! you'll have that awesome camera back again. PS - It's not the miui 6 camera, its miui v5 camera. PPS - It was originally intended for Redmi 1s but it works very good on our device. The name of the file is MIUICamera44-4.zip and its size is 2.2 mb.

That's it people. This is an awesome rom and i havent faced any bugs till now. I cant even imagine using that horrible miui 6. Xiaomi makes great hardware but poor software. Installing cm11 makes our device high on steroids. :highfive: Enjoy the rom. I will update the post later if i feel like adding some more info.
Dont forget to thank the developer for his hardwork by pressing the thanks button. Thanks me too, if i helped you. :cowboy:

Last edited:

pirej

Jan 13, 2013
Skopje
Thanks a lot! any idea if/when our device will get its own forum on xda? What about a codename, like redmi 1s is known as Armani. And do you plan on making this cm11 as official by submitting it to them? :)

Im not sure but http://xdaforums.com/t/redmi-2 is like a temporary forum for redmi2, the codename is HM2014811(12,13...18)

By the way.. i flashed it and i didn't test everything, but it seems solid, thanks again.

Reactions: 1emrys1

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com

CM most likely won't accept devices on CM 11.0. I'm still waiting for official kernel source release before starting to work on CM 12.1.

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com

CM most likely won't accept devices on CM 11.0. I'm still waiting for official kernel source release before starting to work on CM 12.1.

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk

Im not sure but http://xdaforums.com/t/redmi-2 is like a temporary forum for redmi2, the codename is HM2014811(12,13...18)

By the way.. i flashed it and i didn't test everything, but it seems solid, thanks again.

This forum is really just a list of threads with a particular tag. Every thread with the tag redmi-2 will appear here. Still waiting for an official forum from XDA [emoji14]

Reactions: Viz@xda and 1emrys1

Autines

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks for your efforts anyway. I wonder if you have a plan to develop CM12.1 .

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

O,no. The codename sounds terrible. I think it should be another one.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Feedback:It seems like everything works great except for Power-off Alarm.

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com
Thanks for your efforts anyway. I wonder if you have a plan to develop CM12.1 .

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

O,no. The codename sounds terrible. I think it should be another one.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Feedback:It seems like everything works great except for Power-off Alarm.

HM201481x is the actual codename of the device.

I've just released a new build with a fix for proximity (for those who had issues with it before).

s.sawrav

May 29, 2012
Delhi
Good to finally see this rom here in xda,thank you so much for your work.BTW on your latest build and i can confirm that the proximity now works perfectly.

Waiting for CM 12.1 build.

Fr@

Feb 4, 2009
Rome
HM201481x is the actual codename of the device.

Yep, and due to this proliferation of codenames... it will be a mess understand which ROM is for which Redmi 2.
As an example: is this ROM for HM2014813? or just 11 (which is the most common one?)?

Can we share the best practice over at miui.com forum by stating in the title the code of the device the ROM is made for?

For the people out there:
- Device code is written on the phone, below the battery slot
- 2014811 is the 1GB RAM model
- 2014813 is the 2GB RAM model

Thanks!!!

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com
Yep, and due to this proliferation of codenames... it will be a mess understand which ROM is for which Redmi 2.
As an example: is this ROM for HM2014813? or just 11 (which is the most common one?)?

Can we share the best practice over at miui.com forum by stating in the title the code of the device the ROM is made for?

For the people out there:
- Device code is written on the phone, below the battery slot
- 2014811 is the 1GB RAM model
- 2014813 is the 2GB RAM model

Thanks!!!

That isn't true actually. 2014813 is just 2014811 with different bands. 2GB models have another codename altogether (either that or they have the same codename). Anyway, my ROM works on all Redmi 2 variants, except that it will change your model to 2014811 once flashed.

Autines

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks. Power-off Alarm still has not been solved yet. Looking forward to your next version.:D:D:D

Redmi 2

Last edited:

Kroesss

Sep 4, 2007
That isn't true actually. 2014813 is just 2014811 with different bands. 2GB models have another codename altogether (either that or they have the same codename). Anyway, my ROM works on all Redmi 2 variants, except that it will change your model to 2014811 once flashed.
I'm looking for a new phone, and the Redmi 2 made it to my shortlist, but I would like CM on it. When I buy one, it will be a 2GB HM2014813 (they are actually advertised with this number) because of the bands supported.

When you say this ROM will change the model to 2014811, do you mean it just changes the modelnumber in the software, or does it also change the supported bands to the ones of the 2014811?

Also: are there any known non-working parts like in other ROM's?

Thanks!

Last edited:

zwliew

Dec 12, 2013
Singapore
github.com
I'm looking for a new phone, and the Redmi 2 made it to my shortlist, but I would like CM on it. When I buy one, it will be a 2GB HM2014813 (they are actually advertised with this number) because of the bands supported.

When you say this ROM will change the model to 2014811, do you mean it just changes the modelnumber in the software, or does it also change the supported bands to the ones of the 2014811?

Also: are there any known non-working parts like in other ROM's?

Thanks!

The ROM only changes the model number. Your phone still acts like a HM2014813.

The ROM is pretty much bug-free; I have been using it as my daily driver since the first release.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 thread
    Click here :D

What is CyanogenMod?
    CyanogenMod 11.0 is a custom ROM based on Android 4.4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over AOSP for your device. CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

Downloads:
    CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: 2015-08-29

GApps link

Instructions:
    First time flashing CyanogenMod 11.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM (e.g. MIUI)?
    WARNING: This procedure will factory reset your device! Accounts, applications, settings, etc will be lost!
    Download the file gapps-kk-xx-minimal-edition-signed.zip to your phone from the links below
    Format userdata, cache and dalvik cache
    Install both the ROM and the GApps zip files
    Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0?
    Install the ROM zip
    Reboot

Experience issues?
    Please provide the following info:
    logcat
    dmesg
    /sys/fs/pstore/ram_oops if it is a reboot
    Create an issue on the GitHub repo! I won't entertain many requests on this thread.

Special mentions:
    @balika011 - Open source kernel
    Changelog

29/08/2015
    Update base to MIUI 5.8.22
    Get rid of prebuilt kernel for CAF LNX.LA.3.7.2 kernel
    Use CM 11.0 gralloc and media HALs
    Use CAF LNX.LA.3.7.2 WLAN and FM drivers
    Use CAF LNX.LA.3.7.2 camera and GPS HAL
    Switch to FIOPS IO scheduler
    Better memory management (KSM, adaptive LMK, kernel updates)
    Update interactive governor to latest CAF source

Bugs:
    Ambient light sensor is broken
    Battery data is slightly inaccurate

02/08/2015
    Enabled CNE and DPM for lower network and Wi-Fi power consumption
    Added MPEG-DASH support
    Added color temperature calibration support (Display -> Screen calibration)
    Updated blobs to MIUI 5.7.16 Global

25/07/2015:
    Improved GFX performance and touch response
    Improved camera shutter speed performance and audio recording quality
    Added volume rocker wake controls
    Added support for media jack buttons
    Enabled notification LED toggle and multicolor LEDs
    Fixed freeze on playing a particular MKV video with DTS audio format
    Fixed HEVC decoder
    Disabled zRAM

19/07/2015:
    Fix proximity sensor (for those who had problems)

18/07/2015:
    Fix FM radio
    Enable MP3/AAC offload
    Use stock auto brightness levels
    Enable zRAM
    Added QCOM extended media capabilities
    Add proper verified build fingerprints
    Updated camera blobs from MIUI 5.7.16

13/07/2015:
    Optimize interactive governor tuning for power efficiency
    Optimize IO performance
    Optimize RAM usage for fewer redraws
    Fix Bluetooth Low Energy peripheral mode

02/07/2015:
    Fixed GStream services like SoundCloud
    Fixed FM radio
    Updated audio calibration
    Set appropriate model IDs
    Allow ROM to be flashed freely from any Redmi 2 variant

28/06/2015:
    Updated CM sources and blobs from MIUI 5.6.25
    Updated kernel from MIUI 5.6.25
    Improved camera performance
    Improved memory management
    Set SELinux to enforcing
    Reduced WIFI battery consumption

21/06/2015:
    Updated CM sources
    Improved performance and reduce micro-stuttering
    Clean up
    Increased minimum brightness
    Final build coming soon

I'm working on one last final build for CM 11.0. This will include stability improvements, bug fixes and memory + performance improvements. Reason why I'm doing is because CM 11.0 is still arguably the most stable and well polished builds for this device.
    New update (2015-08-29).
    Changelog is in the 2nd post.
    This may be the last build before moving on to CM 12.1

Take note of 2 bugs due to the new kernel:
    1. ALS is broken
    2. Battery data is slightly inaccurate
    Good news guys, thanks to @REAL_BALIKA011, we managed to get an almost fully working kernel built from source. Only a few quirks here and there, but it is pretty much fully working. New build coming soon.