FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remix OS for PC Update. Version: 2016012301, Release Date: 01/25/2016

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

By RemixOS_Jason, Remix OS Rep on 25th January 2016, 03:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greetings from the Remix OS team on XDA!

We're excited to announce the first ever update for our Remix OS for PC users. You'll find the download on our Jide website.
Please try it out and give us feedback on your experience with the update. It'll help us continue to develop a better experience for all of our users!

Remix OS for PC Update Notes:
Version: 2.0.100
Build number: B2016012301
Release date: 01/25/2016

Update:
• Fix: Battery indicator enabled on laptops
• Fix: Some minor bugs fixed

We do go through all the feedback that our users give us and develop based on them. Along these lines, we know that the community has been asking for a 32-bit version of Remix OS for PC and we'll be sharing some exciting news on this soon!

Thanks for all your support. We certainly can't do this without you guys and all the feedback you continue to give us on Remix OS products!
The Following 107 Users Say Thank You to RemixOS_Jason For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RemixOS_Jason Ad-Free

25th January 2016, 03:59 PM |#2  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 371

More
Hi Remix team, could you add the video recording feature found in Android 4.4+ ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joytest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joytest Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 04:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
How to update ?
I have this installed as a dual boot.
How do I safely update to the new version ?

Do I have to replace just certain file's or everything ?

If only certain file's, which one's ?
The Following User Says Thank You to COMPUTIAC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift COMPUTIAC Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 04:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quick change my physical keyboard layout
Yeah, but when i want to write both in ِarabic and in english in the same sentence i need to do that again and change it to enlgish again. I have chosen two languges and ctrl ּּּּ+ shift, ctrl ּּ+ alt, alt ּ+ shift doesnt work to change the phisical layout....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anas Esgaeer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anas Esgaeer Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 04:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
There is no system.img in the newest update, just a system.sfs. Why? How am I suppose to upgrade my current installation?
The Following User Says Thank You to jdtimothy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdtimothy Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 05:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
32-bit RemixOS would be awesome, because I'm not able to install RemixOS on my Dell Venue 8 Pro (32-bit UEFI...) yet.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JulianAT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JulianAT Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 05:45 PM |#7  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 1,148

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtimothy

There is no system.img in the newest update, just a system.sfs. Why? How am I suppose to upgrade my current installation?

After you update to last version, delete system.img

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

@RemixOS_Jason
Support for other than FAT32 system will be great, so we can have more free space for data.
25th January 2016, 05:47 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi Remix team, thanks for sharing this update .
I have to say that I was expecting too much improving or , at least , much detail about that "minor bugs" , but I know that every step is important in achieving a good and stable product .
Time ago , I have asked to Jide for becoming a tester for Remix OS PC , but .... no answer , I hope this time I will get a positive answer from this team .
battery indicator , was really an important issue, great work !!
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to gabriel.maimonides For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gabriel.maimonides Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 05:53 PM |#9  
Flag Curitiba, Paraná
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja_som

After you update to last version, delete system.img

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

@RemixOS_Jason
Support for other than FAT32 system will be great, so we can have more free space for data.

The question is: how to safely update to latest version?

And in the installer, just press TAB and write "INSTALL=1" and ENTER to install in NTFS or EXT4 to have all space you want.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.maimonides

Hi Remix team, thanks for sharing this update .
I have to say that I was expecting too much improving or , at least , much detail about that "minor bugs" , but I know that every step is important in achieving a good and stable product .
Time ago , I have asked to Jide for becoming a tester for Remix OS PC , but .... no answer , I hope this time I will get a positive answer from this team .
battery indicator , was really an important issue, great work !!
Regards

It's an alpha, we all are testers, dude

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Android 6.0 would be an awesome update.... Just saying hehehe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucasdeeiroz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucasdeeiroz Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 05:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianAT

32-bit RemixOS would be awesome, because I'm not able to install RemixOS on my Dell Venue 8 Pro (32-bit UEFI...) yet.

ACK
The Following User Says Thank You to Dior DNA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dior DNA Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 06:02 PM |#11  
Flag Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
Thanks Meter: 1,148

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdeeiroz

The question is: how to safely update to latest version?

What is safety update for you?
I used usb tool to install new version, then I deleted system.img from my USB drive, everything is OK...

I will try that command... Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)