True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

Black screen caused by custom boot animation

OP Brandon.Black

1st July 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I made a custom boot animation from a program I downloaded and I put it in data/local and set the permissions correctly and I rebooted my phone and after the samsung logo pops up it is just a black screen and after about 5 seconds the navigation lights light up and they stay on, and I can click on the black screen and my volume is blasted and you can hear that the phone is on, just continues with the black screen. So I can't go into root explorer and change the boot animation and I don't know what to do I can plug it in my computer and the storage comes up and I can also boot into recovery mode but I'm not sure how to get it to work again. I already tried re-installing the rom I have on it again to like refresh it so it would come back but its still black & also my USB debugging isn't on so I can't use a root explorer on my computer to change it while my phone is plugged in

Hope someone can help please!
1st July 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,476

3,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
did u make a backup? no.
from recovery delete the file.
or perform a factory reset
1st July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
No I didn't make a backup I wasn't expecting it mess my phone up but, how do you delete it from recovery? I have CWM recovery v6.0.4.8
1st July 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,283

12,139 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Black

No I didn't make a backup I wasn't expecting it mess my phone up but, how do you delete it from recovery? I have CWM recovery v6.0.4.8

There's always Odin. Chalk it up to a learning experience. You always make a backup if you're messing with system changes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,476

3,173 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Black

it normally shouldnt have
im on twrp not sure about cwm but should be similar iirc
from main screen goto mount>check data
go back to main screen>advanced>file manager and navigate to data and find the file, select it then delete it
1st July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Thanks guys I fixed it! I went into recovery mode and click sideload and plugged it into my computer and went to SDK and then into adb and sideloaded a .zip file that removes the custom boot animation for data/local and then it went to default boot animation and loaded up!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread