Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Black screen caused by custom boot animation

OP Brandon.Black

1st July 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I made a custom boot animation from a program I downloaded and I put it in data/local and set the permissions correctly and I rebooted my phone and after the samsung logo pops up it is just a black screen and after about 5 seconds the navigation lights light up and they stay on, and I can click on the black screen and my volume is blasted and you can hear that the phone is on, just continues with the black screen. So I can't go into root explorer and change the boot animation and I don't know what to do I can plug it in my computer and the storage comes up and I can also boot into recovery mode but I'm not sure how to get it to work again. I already tried re-installing the rom I have on it again to like refresh it so it would come back but its still black & also my USB debugging isn't on so I can't use a root explorer on my computer to change it while my phone is plugged in

Hope someone can help please!
1st July 2014, 06:01 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,422

3,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
did u make a backup? no.
from recovery delete the file.
or perform a factory reset
1st July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
No I didn't make a backup I wasn't expecting it mess my phone up but, how do you delete it from recovery? I have CWM recovery v6.0.4.8
1st July 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,920

11,222 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Black

No I didn't make a backup I wasn't expecting it mess my phone up but, how do you delete it from recovery? I have CWM recovery v6.0.4.8

There's always Odin. Chalk it up to a learning experience. You always make a backup if you're messing with system changes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,422

3,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Black

it normally shouldnt have
im on twrp not sure about cwm but should be similar iirc
from main screen goto mount>check data
go back to main screen>advanced>file manager and navigate to data and find the file, select it then delete it
1st July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Thanks guys I fixed it! I went into recovery mode and click sideload and plugged it into my computer and went to SDK and then into adb and sideloaded a .zip file that removes the custom boot animation for data/local and then it went to default boot animation and loaded up!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread