Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

CM11 Nightlies, major lag after phone comes out of sleep

OP exhalum

30th August 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hello,

I was able to see that a few others have been having this issue (noted in the dev section ) but I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that their CPU frequency does not go above 384 mhz after phone comes out of deep sleep?

Using CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies with stock kernel. A reboot of the phone makes is speedy again, however if the phone goes to sleep, its super laggy when it it wakes up. ( the only solution I found is to either reboot, or set the minimum frequency and max frequency to be the same 1500 mhz)

Please let me know if I am alone in experiencing this mhz lock to 384 mhz after phone wakes up.

Note: I did a clean flash and I am still having the same issue.
30th August 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #2  
vincom's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,422
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhalum

Hello,

I was able to see that a few others have been having this issue (noted in the dev section ) but I wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed that their CPU frequency does not go above 384 mhz after phone comes out of deep sleep?

Using CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies with stock kernel. A reboot of the phone makes is speedy again, however if the phone goes to sleep, its super laggy when it it wakes up. ( the only solution I found is to either reboot, or set the minimum frequency and max frequency to be the same 1500 mhz)

Please let me know if I am alone in experiencing this mhz lock to 384 mhz after phone wakes up.

Note: I did a clean flash and I am still having the same issue.

change to ondemand in cpu settings, its not the default as to why idk, issue and fix has been posted many times b4.
if it is set to ondemand then you have some other prob or a setting that needs to be adjusted or app running in the background
Last edited by vincom; 30th August 2014 at 09:45 PM.
30th August 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom

change to ondemand in cpu settings, its not the default as to why idk, issue and fix has been posted many times b4.
if it is set to ondemand then you have some other prob or a setting that needs to be adjusted or app running in the background

I actually don't have that as an option for the CPU governor.

All I have available is

Interactive
Conservative
userspace
powersave
performance

All of which cause the same lag issue as what I mentioned. Each nightly flash sets it back to "Interactive" as the default, but since you mention ondemand can you confirm if you can actually see ondemand as an available option to select on your phone using Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket ([TeamChopsticks)? I don't have ondemand available.
Last edited by exhalum; 30th August 2014 at 10:40 PM. Reason: .
2nd September 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhalum

I actually don't have that as an option for the CPU governor.

All I have available is

Interactive
Conservative
userspace
powersave
performance

All of which cause the same lag issue as what I mentioned. Each nightly flash sets it back to "Interactive" as the default, but since you mention ondemand can you confirm if you can actually see ondemand as an available option to select on your phone using Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket ([TeamChopsticks)? I don't have ondemand available.

Interactive does usually end up being default, but I believe it was sometime last month where ondemand was removed from that ROM... which was the point where I jumped ship to another ROM.
12th November 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #5  
Miker1029's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Cpu Sticks at 384 On Call Or Wake
Hey All Hate to Bump this, but I have been having this same Issue for Months, Has Anyone Come Up With a Solution Other The Changing ROM??

I'm Also Having this "FREEZE" When The Phone screen is off and I get a Call but the Answer screen doesn't come up while the phone rings straight thru to Voice Mail, But if I slide to The right (On The Blank Screen) It answers.... I have messed with the CPU Performance Settings, and No Help....It does it On the Default settings and the Altered Settings??? I Checked the DEV Thread and Really Didn't see much about this....

Any Help Appreciated;

Mike
13th November 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhalum

I actually don't have that as an option for the CPU governor.

All I have available is

Interactive
Conservative
userspace
powersave
performance

All of which cause the same lag issue as what I mentioned. Each nightly flash sets it back to "Interactive" as the default, but since you mention ondemand can you confirm if you can actually see ondemand as an available option to select on your phone using Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for Skyrocket ([TeamChopsticks)? I don't have ondemand available.

You can use conservative; remember to tick de option "Apply automatically on boot".
The Following User Says Thank You to franzpimp87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #7  
Miker1029's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzpimp87

You can use conservative; remember to tick de option "Apply automatically on boot".


Ya I set it after I made that post and was gonna update today These Settings SEEM to be working extremely well... Will update if it changes..


Governor :Conservative
Min :192
Max:1512

I/O: NOOP

And it's Kinda Strange I/O on NOOP Is Actually throttling the CPU pretty well....Gonna run Like this for awhile and a see how Performance/Battery Use Work Out, And Probably Start Playing with the NOOP Setting, But from my tests it actually seems the most fluid, and Actually drops to 192 when no use....

Mike

The Following User Says Thank You to Miker1029 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes