Lollipop for OnePlus One Enters Testing Stage

Cyanogen just announced on their twitter that their CyanogenMod Lollipop build for the OnePlus … more

Xiaomi Business Model Unlike Usually Conceived

This article explains how Xiaomi sells phones not just to be a mobile OEM, but also to seed … more

Note 4 Launcher Theme Collection

If you like the features and integration of the TouchWiz Launcher on your Note 4, FrenchFamousTeam put … more

Verizon Allows Customers to Opt Out of Supercookies

Following the controversy that Verizon’s zombie “supercookies” … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Question [Q] When flashing custom ROM to my skyrocket, facebook messenger doesn't work

OP smartwatchuser

23rd July 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hi guys,

When flashing custom ROM to my galaxy s2 skyrocket, facebook messenger doesn't work. When someone calls me, the mic automatically mutes itself and then the call ends 5 seconds later...is anyone else experiencing this? Any possible fix?

Thanks!
23rd July 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,146
 
11,773 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Does it do it on all custom roms? Or just the one you're on. What rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
tried on many ROMS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Does it do it on all custom roms? Or just the one you're on. What rom?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi, tried cyanogenmod nightly 4.4.4, AOSP, as well as slimrom and to no avail all of them fail when I get a call in facebook messenger...even tried downgrading to jellybean 4.3 but still same issue...had to revert back to stock 4.0.4 ROM
23rd July 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,146
 
11,773 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartwatchuser

Hi, tried cyanogenmod nightly 4.4.4, AOSP, as well as slimrom and to no avail all of them fail when I get a call in facebook messenger...even tried downgrading to jellybean 4.3 but still same issue...had to revert back to stock 4.0.4 ROM

Have you updated the app recently. I'm not familiar with the app so don't know if it only works on older versions of android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Info 2 Updated Messenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Have you updated the app recently. I'm not familiar with the app so don't know if it only works on older versions of android.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Yes I have as I have clean wiped the phone before updating to custom rom deleting every data so I had to download again from Google Playstore...but still did not work...currently on 4.0.4 unless this is fixed...also, after the facebook messenger call, all of the mic seems to go mute alltogether....regular calls, skype, etc but when I record voice I still get to record normally....only calls do not work after the facebook messenger mutes itself and disconnects the call.
23rd August 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Waupaca, Wi
Thanks Meter: 32
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartwatchuser

Yes I have as I have clean wiped the phone before updating to custom rom deleting every data so I had to download again from Google Playstore...but still did not work...currently on 4.0.4 unless this is fixed...also, after the facebook messenger call, all of the mic seems to go mute alltogether....regular calls, skype, etc but when I record voice I still get to record normally....only calls do not work after the facebook messenger mutes itself and disconnects the call.

Using a ported rom for my tab 3 it does the same thing
26th August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #7  
RamblingBarba's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Encarnacion
Thanks Meter: 25
 
117 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach61797

Using a ported rom for my tab 3 it does the same thing

Same thing on my wife's HTC Sensation 4g CM11 4.4.4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes