5,815,061 Members 37,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone not reading ANY sim cards (Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727r)

Tip us?

iWrangleChimps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Phone not reading ANY sim cards (Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket i727r)

Alright, so as usual i try and solve all my issues myself and avoid posting on forums unless im at a total loss.
Heres whats going on, I have a Samsung Galaxy S ii Skyrocket (Rodgers) i got from a friend. Im with Virgin mobile and the phone is with rodgers. The phone is unlocked and worked perfectly with Pacrom for 2-3 weeks. now it is not reading ANY sim cards ... Heres what ive tried
-Returning to stock rom (using odin)
-Had someone look at sim contactors (fine)
-Called both Virgin Mobile (said to call rodgers)
-Called rodgers (transfered me to virgin mobile)
-Restarting phone (removing and inserting sim)
-Factory reset (pacrom)

Nothing has worked and no one working at rodgers or virgin mobile will help or don't know anything. soo im asking you guys, any idea on how to fix this? Or atleast whats wrong with it?

Viper67857
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Is imei also reading 0 or null? If so you might need to fix the efs partition.. Otherwise I'd say the sim reader is dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-2.0

iWrangleChimps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper67857 View Post
Is imei also reading 0 or null? If so you might need to fix the efs partition.. Otherwise I'd say the sim reader is dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running TMS3KK-2.0
IMEI comes up as it always has, Ill look into it being the Sim card reader, thanks for the help

sireniankyle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWrangleChimps View Post
IMEI comes up as it always has, Ill look into it being the Sim card reader, thanks for the help
Fortunately, it's really easy to replace. no soldering required. A replacement is listed on Amazon for just over $13.