Post Reply

[Q] i727 stuck on samsung logo on boot

OP clarinch

13th April 2013, 11:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Hello.

My i727 was working seemingly fine. I left it to charge overnight. In the morning it was off and would not boot past the black and white samsung logo.

I have tried various battery swaps and power combinations. The recovery mode does not load past the samsung logo.
I can load the 'download OS' menu, when I continue, the text reads:

1, ddi : mmc_read failed
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I727
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL

I don't know if that means it is completely bricked? I have never attempted to root or flash custom firmware onto this device.
However, it is out of warranty, so if loading a ROM might bring this back to life, then I'm certainly willing to try.
If there is any other information you need to help me troubleshoot this please let me know.

If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!
13th April 2013, 11:17 PM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Do a factory reset in recovery mode. If you can't do that you'll probably have to flash the stock rom with odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by jd1639; 13th April 2013 at 11:20 PM.
13th April 2013, 11:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Do a factory reset in recovery mode. If you can't do that you'll probably have to flash the stock rom with odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

I don't believe the recovery mode works either.
Holding VOLup + VOLdown + POWER when the device is off simply brings me to the same b/w samsung logo and does not go further.
13th April 2013, 11:32 PM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Can you get into download mode? Have you ever used Odin?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
13th April 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Do a factory reset in recovery mode. If you can't do that you'll probably have to flash the stock rom with odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

I was looking at flashing the stock rom as an option. I downloaded Odin3 v1.85 and the suggested stock rom via this guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1342348

But, this happens.

[IMG]s24.postimg.org/ojepxwrth/Capture1.png[/IMG]


So, I found this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2023328
but including the pit file doesnt matter. Odin still crashes.
Last edited by clarinch; 13th April 2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: image paths
13th April 2013, 11:49 PM   |  #6  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
For some reason the pics don't show up. But go to the development forum for the i957 and look for vincom's stickies on odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Ok the pics did show up. The file you're trying to flash on odin is the problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Go to sammobile.com and download the stock rom. You'll have to register but it's free. It'll walk you through getting the Rom. Download the oldest. It'll be a zip file. From that zip extract the .tar.md5 file using 7-zip. Use that in Odin, PDA. Have auto reboot and f.reset checked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
13th April 2013, 11:54 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

For some reason the pics don't show up. But go to the development forum for the i957 and look for vincom's stickies on odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Ok the pics did show up. The file you're trying to flash on odin is the problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Go to sammobile.com and download the stock rom. You'll have to register but it's free. It'll walk you through getting the Rom. Download the oldest. It'll be a zip file. From that zip extract the .tar.md5 file using 7-zip. Use that in Odin, PDA. Have auto reboot and f.reset checked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Thank you for your time.

The sammobile site has 3 firmwares listed.
The oldest doesn't list a version #, is that still safe to download?
14th April 2013, 12:07 AM   |  #8  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,527
 
10,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinch

Thank you for your time.

The sammobile site has 3 firmwares listed.
The oldest doesn't list a version #, is that still safe to download?

Get ucjk2. If you don't see that get uclf6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2013, 12:26 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

Get ucjk2. If you don't see that get uclf6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

Did all you said.

Odin still crashes at PIT mapping.

If I add the PIT file as well, it auto-checks re-partition, is that the next step?
14th April 2013, 12:39 AM   |  #10  
vincom's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,332
 
3,139 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
if you got "1, ddi : mmc_read failed" u could have nand(memory) hardware failure

when trying to flash the pit file, actually called "celox.pit", repartition should not be checked, but not to sure on that for flashing the pit file
Quote:

when trying to flash stock firmwares and/or recoveries and it hangs at "Getting PIT for mapping" or getting pit errors in odin, download celox.zip and "unzip" the file, select the extracted "celox.pit" file in the pit option for odin, with all other options unchecked hit the start button in odin, once flashed you can then flash the stock firmware and/or recovery in odins pda section.
thanks cschmitt

u can try asking cschmitt for clarification

also go through the odin troubleshooting section in the restore to stock sticky
Last edited by vincom; 14th April 2013 at 12:44 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes