G928F stuck at upsm

Search This thread

MoHuToP

Aug 7, 2009
Sofia
Hello, fellas. My device is SM-G928F. Before few hours I've switch on UPSM. I found right away there no such apps or option to turn off UPSM. The only button available was the Settings, but very limited - airplane mode, wifi, brightness and etc. My mistake was to reboot the device and the result is persistent bootloop. No option to turf off the phone or reboot. I must wait to drain the battery.
The case is pretty lame, because of my Package Disable Pro. I'm not using auto disable packages, but everything of my choise. I was aware of disable com.sec.android.emergencylauncher, so I'm sure i don't touch any critical packages, because of weeks of no-problemos using.
So my questions: Is there any chance to turn off upsm via adb or enable all disabled apps via adb? My device is not rooted, so this is no way. Factory reset is no way out. Any suggestions?
Of couse Safe Mode is not usable method too, because of the bootloop? Any suggestions?

Best regards

PS - Botting into stock recovery, download mode or shutting down the device is ok. But what about debugging via adb in the download mode? Any chances to get working adb via download mode? Any suggestions? ^____^

Last edited:

WerWolv

Mar 17, 2014
Bern
PS - Botting into stock recovery, download mode or shutting down the device is ok. But what about debugging via adb in the download mode? Any chances to get working adb via download mode? Any suggestions? ^____^

Boot into your Recovery. It should be a custom one like TWRP.

In TWRP click on Advance -> File Manager.
There you have to find '/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases'. This is the place where your settings get stored.
Just add to the 3 files inside a .bak to the end and reboot. This should have reset all your settings and it should boot fine

MoHuToP

Aug 7, 2009
Sofia
Boot into your Recovery. It should be a custom one like TWRP.

In TWRP click on Advance -> File Manager.
There you have to find '/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases'. This is the place where your settings get stored.
Just add to the 3 files inside a .bak to the end and reboot. This should have reset all your settings and it should boot fine

Thanks for the tips, but I don't want to root.
Under Windows 7, when I check the device, the console return me unauthorized device, but in debian I see offline.
I cannot get access to the data partition in this moment. I'm sure USB Debugging is enable. Under Debian, when I connect device to my pc, I get SIM code question. Any ideas? ;)

WerWolv

Mar 17, 2014
Bern
Under Windows 7, when I check the device, the console return me unauthorized device, but in debian I see offline.
I cannot get access to the data partition in this moment. I'm sure USB Debugging is enable. Under Debian, when I connect device to my pc, I get SIM code question. Any ideas? ;)

If you don't want to root or flash anything, the only thing you can do is a factory reset...

MoHuToP

Aug 7, 2009
Sofia
Dear forum friends, the easiest way was rooting the phone and flashing the latest twrp. After that is very easy - enable all emergency packages via adb, which associated with upsm. So if you use Package Disabler backup everything and check twice before reboot the device.

Thanks for helping, @WerWolv! :)

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you don't want to root or flash anything, the only thing you can do is a factory reset...