Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Camera Sensor ...

Which Camera Sensor you have got in your S7/S7 Edge ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

philipone69

Mar 7, 2016
Bucharest
fa778bf5d195e166a44a9fbf65fbc503.jpg

gotenk1

Jan 31, 2012
I just got a S7 with Oct 2016 production sticker in the back.
It has the IMX260 inside and when I run AIDA64, it shows video stabilization as "not supported"?
Yet, I see many screenshots in this thread showing that it is supported.
What is the issue with my phone?

Yooperjusty

Account currently disabled
Sep 30, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
I have the Chinese variant of the s7e and my camera id shows Sony_imx260 and not Sony_imx260_fimc_is... Is there a difference? I have been concerned about this. I googled pics and it looks like Asian variants show without the added fimc_is. Can someone shed light on this?

philipone69

Mar 7, 2016
Bucharest
The biggest problem of this phone was its subpar and worst front camera, the rear sensor was never such a issue, unfortunately there was not such debate about front camera problems which were more serious than rear camera sensors.

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs
Front camera is a fixed focus lens. The issue was that the focus was set a liitle to far and selfies were out of focus 50% of the time.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

Reactions: shah22

shah22

Front camera is a fixed focus lens. The issue was that the focus was set a liitle to far and selfies were out of focus 50% of the time.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G950F folosind Tapatalk

Exactly, even taking from a little distance won't help. But s6 also don't had autofocus, its front camera shots were far good than s7.

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

madvinegar

May 17, 2016
Piraeus
My s7edge variant is exynos with XEO csc. It is unlocked bought from Greece. It has the samsung sensor but look how much better specs it has compared with the screenshot of the 1st post of this thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171213-193407.jpg
    Screenshot_20171213-193407.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 238

S7sadly

Jan 3, 2018
S7 edge coral blue

I have a black s7 manufactored 2.16.16 it has a sony sensor. I am going to buy a s7 edge coral blue but i cannot check the sensor before purchase it has no warranty,just wondering if any person with a coral blue can tell me what sensor they have thank you

kadabra12

Jul 1, 2012
Pn
I have a black s7 manufactored 2.16.16 it has a sony sensor. I am going to buy a s7 edge coral blue but i cannot check the sensor before purchase it has no warranty,just wondering if any person with a coral blue can tell me what sensor they have thank you
I have a Coral blu version and it seems ti be a Samsung sensor

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180108-195521.png
    Screenshot_20180108-195521.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: S7sadly

Big_T71

Mar 12, 2014
Hi,

some other app to see the camera sensor or a command line in the terminal? Because the current AIDA64 app shows no ID Camera line.

Last edited:

patrikkzz

Jan 23, 2018
Please Help..

Hello...im indonesian..
I need a help...
I have a s7e 935U...i buy this phone with camera failed condition...i did all way to make it work,like reset factory,clear cache,re install os...i try many things about software ,but didn't work.
So i bought to the phone service at my village,i cant bought to the authority service centre cause my phone doesnt came from my country.
After take down the back camera sensor,its have a isocell sensor...i guess the camera failed come from the wrong camera part,im googling,the 935U use a qualcomm not Exynos,and i read on google,the qualcom use a SONY sensor.
I want to replace my rear camera sensor to a SONY,but i cant find this part on my country.
Can i use this isocell sensor?may with edit build prop or mod something??
Please help me...
Sorry for my bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The best combo possible. :)

S7 Edge + Snapdragon 820 + Sony IMX260.

Congratulations. :)

Actually it's the other way around...
    Exynos + BRITECELL is MUCH better.

1. The Exynos have much better battery life:
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/battery3/225157
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/battery3/227825
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...ife_both_exynos_and_snapdragon-blog-17325.php

2. The Exynos have BETTER PERFORMANCE in REAL LIFE:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_sPVQ4VFvs

3. The Britecell sensor looks better, with better auto-WB than Sony's sensor.
    http://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/how-to/samsung-galaxy-s7-britecell-vs-sony-t3332806

4. All the SD820's S7's have their bootloader LOCKED (unlike the Exynos's S7's), and from the way it looks right now - might actually never even get root, not to mention custom roms.

5. The SD820's DAC (headphones audio) sucks.
    I have a comparison of both here...

Sony

3007e5a1973399ff58bb1c8a7d9a284a.jpg

Samsung

30a6a3acf1d36bad843fdece27d6e1f2.jpg

Sony

8e9d9d1cec0af9734cdd3687de86d07c.jpg

Samsung
    3aa54a83d660d1c20be2410f795be3b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Hello All ...
    I just got my Samsung S7 Edge (G935F) and to my utmost surprise I have got Samsung's own BRITECELL(or whatever they call it) Camera Sensor instead of beloved Sony Sensor ... The same they opted with S6 n S6 Edge and the Sony Sensor pictures were way better than Samsung's ISOCELL Camera Sensor ...
    That's pretty strange ... I haven't checked or compared the quality of the photos with the one with Sony Sensor ...
    But I'm disappointed ... Sheer Shame .... Samsung does this every time ...

Please share your information here what you people have got ...
    That's what Samsung does ... I mean every year ... They give two different sensors in a flagship product costing over 800$ ... And let the users compare them ...
    Last year in S6, people posted photos taken from Sony Sensor Camera and Samsung's own ISOCELL Camera and Sony proved to be superior in much of them ...
    And I'm expecting the same this year ...
    Probably would return my device because of this very reason as the same happened last year with me ...
    I mean you can't except it that your Camera has a cheaper Sensor than your friend's fone having same price and specs ...
    That's baddddddd Sammy ... leave these tactics please ...

See it's business. It's not just camera sensor, it's also about RAM, NAND etc., Apple does same, this is done to have enough inventory during high sale period. Most times it's because they can't get enough components of one type. Apple infact goes as far as getting display and SOC from different foundry. Not for first time it happened, and as the nature of business it will continue in future as well.

Note: Samsung never promised we will get IMX260 sensor. As long as both sensors similar job, I see no reason to be concerned about. Would you have complained if it was only Samsung sensor?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I got mine yesterday UK phone it's the Sony camera I have

But noticed aida64 shows only 3.5gb ram......

Carphonewarehouse also in black

Some amount of RAM is always reserved for GPU, also applies for your laptop.
    I got the Sony sensor in the UK and my low light shots are super detailed. And no pink ring that someone was talking about. So far it's as good if not better than my s6 edge+

99da40d6ec8147d63de66cc5c1c75115.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk