[Q] Internal Storage Not Recognized.

OP supersig511

3rd August 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I have a Samsung Captivate I'm using as my daily driver right now. Until recently I was running Cyanogenmod 11, but got tired of doing a wipe and install every time the Google Processes started failing, so I tried out ParanoidAndroid 4.3. After flashing the new ROM and GApps, I realized only 1.26 GB of Internal Storage is being recognized. My external SD card is recognized, but not the remainder of my 16 GB of onboard storage. I have tried wiping Cache Partition, Dalvik Cache, Data Reset and reinstall, and have tried formatting /system and /data, but cannot get it to recognize the storage no matter what. Using "Explorer" by Speed Software (first file explorer that popped up on Play Store so if I need to use something else to help diagnose, please let me know) my external card is under the root folder "emmc" and is designated "sdcard1". "sdcard0" (which I assume to be my onboard storage) is under the root folder sdcard, but when I click on it in my file explorer, I get the notification that "The SD card is not currently mounted" I'm using CWM 6.0.4.8, when I reboot into recovery and go to "Mounts and Storage" "sdcard0, sdcard1, /data, /datadata, /system" all have the options to "mount" next to them. I select this, reboot, and nothing has changed. I really don't know what else to try.
3rd August 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersig511

I have a Samsung Captivate I'm using as my daily driver right now. Until recently I was running Cyanogenmod 11, but got tired of doing a wipe and install every time the Google Processes started failing, so I tried out ParanoidAndroid 4.3. After flashing the new ROM and GApps, I realized only 1.26 GB of Internal Storage is being recognized. My external SD card is recognized, but not the remainder of my 16 GB of onboard storage. I have tried wiping Cache Partition, Dalvik Cache, Data Reset and reinstall, and have tried formatting /system and /data, but cannot get it to recognize the storage no matter what. Using "Explorer" by Speed Software (first file explorer that popped up on Play Store so if I need to use something else to help diagnose, please let me know) my external card is under the root folder "emmc" and is designated "sdcard1". "sdcard0" (which I assume to be my onboard storage) is under the root folder sdcard, but when I click on it in my file explorer, I get the notification that "The SD card is not currently mounted" I'm using CWM 6.0.4.8, when I reboot into recovery and go to "Mounts and Storage" "sdcard0, sdcard1, /data, /datadata, /system" all have the options to "mount" next to them. I select this, reboot, and nothing has changed. I really don't know what else to try.

Also, the permissions on sdcard0 are RWX------, while the permissions on sdcard1 are RWXRWXR--. Don't know that that would affect whether or not the system recognizes it, but wanted to give all the info I could.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread