Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGH-1897 won't boot, can't get to download mode

Tip us?

benwalker14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SGH-1897 won't boot, can't get to download mode

Recently my SGH-1897 stopped booting. It would go to the clockwork mod screen. From there, I tried to flash a new rom, but it never worked. First it told me I had the wrong rom for the phone I was using, so I downloaded a different one that said it would work for 1897, but it would fail during the flash. Now, it won't boot at all. It goes to the 'at&t World Phone' screen and stays there. I've tried Vol +, Vol- and Power together, but no change. Help?

BWolf56
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1670

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by benwalker14 View Post
Recently my SGH-1897 stopped booting. It would go to the clockwork mod screen. From there, I tried to flash a new rom, but it never worked. First it told me I had the wrong rom for the phone I was using, so I downloaded a different one that said it would work for 1897, but it would fail during the flash. Now, it won't boot at all. It goes to the 'at&t World Phone' screen and stays there. I've tried Vol +, Vol- and Power together, but no change. Help?
What did you try to flash? Also, what was installed on the phone before you tried flashing it?

If you can get it in download mode, you can use Odin to flash stock ROM (without bootloaders if you were on GB and up). That should get you back up and running.

If the button combos don't get you in download mode, you'll have to make or buy a jig.
Sent by falcon messenger while riding a laser equipped T-rex on a rocket
>>Get Dropbox right here<<
>>Rogers LTE tethering mod<<
Galaxy S III I747m
ROM: AOKP 4.4.4
Kernel: KT747
Modem: ND3
Launcher: Nova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelendel
Jig ~ You should never need one but.. Use the condom theory.
The Following User Says Thank You to BWolf56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]