Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ Happy/Sad ] 'Moto G' is the new Fascinate/Galaxy S

Tip us?

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningdude View Post
I jumped from the Fascinate to the Moto G quite a while ago, but I came back to the fascinate forums because my fassy is used in my car as a media player. That being said, the Moto G is fantastic! The way I get around the small storage space (I have the Boost Mobile flashed to Page Plus) is to use a usb drive. This is the one I use. Some users have reported issues with USB OTG with the newest CM11, as well as a few other versions, but I've not had a problem. In fact, I'm running stock with Xposed + Gravitybox. First time I've ever run a phone on stock and been satisfied.
Dude!
I saw you on the moto g page, thanks for the report!
Thanks again, i was just wondering and reading about using a otg cable and a flash drive (usb drive).
I didn't know they made a drive with the micro usb!
That's great!
and the pricing is right in line with normal usb storage
$8 - 16 gb
$16 - 32 gb

That may just very well seal the deal for me

Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel
Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500
[Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks[`Kernels`&`Recovery`] Flashable KitKat || 4.4.x || & Tweaks
Links to Fascinate Android 4.2 and Older filesLinks to Fascinate Android 4.3 and Newer files
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=4298..........http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=7312

lightningdude
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp_211 View Post
Dude!
I saw you on the moto g page, thanks for the report!
Thanks again, i was just wondering and reading about using a otg cable and a flash drive (usb drive).
I didn't know they made a drive with the micro usb!
That's great!
and the pricing is right in line with normal usb storage
$8 - 16 gb
$16 - 32 gb

That may just very well seal the deal for me

Glad I could help. I will warn, though, the Verizon Moto G can't have its bootloader unlocked, nor can it be used on anything but Verizon for at least 6 months. If you intend to use it like that, by all means, go for it. However, if you plan on using it on Page Plus, get a Boost Mobile Moto G. Boost Mobile is the only "branded" Moto G that can have its bootloader unlocked, and since it has the same radios as Verizon, it works if you flash it (which is actually pretty easy).

skepticmisfit
Old
Thanks Meter 122
im starting to wonder why almost none of the carriers are letting people unlock the bootloaders on their moto g devices (with the exception of boost..)
i guess its the same reason, for example, the s4 isnt bootloader unlockable if you had it upgraded past the original bootloader (aka MDK). its all about money.

hhp_211
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticmisfit View Post
im starting to wonder why almost none of the carriers are letting people unlock the bootloaders on their moto g devices (with the exception of boost..)
i guess its the same reason, for example, the s4 isnt bootloader unlockable if you had it upgraded past the original bootloader (aka MDK). its all about money.
Yup, more proof of their deceptive story lines. Trying to make us believe that with their subsidized pricing/contracts is 'helping' us 'save' money it's really only lining their pockets with more green...
Currently Running :: Something with some kind of Kernel
Samsung Fascinate SCH-i500
[Kernels] Flashable Jellybean 4.2.x || 4.3 || & tweaks[`Kernels`&`Recovery`] Flashable KitKat || 4.4.x || & Tweaks
Links to Fascinate Android 4.2 and Older filesLinks to Fascinate Android 4.3 and Newer files
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=4298..........http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=7312