[Q&A] [HOWTO] Fix Camera Failed Error

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [HOWTO] Fix Camera Failed Error

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [HOWTO] Fix Camera Failed Error. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

sagons

Nov 25, 2014
Help required - Please

Hi , I am a novice and i get this exact error. Downloaded Nova -
the rest steps are alien to me - i could not find the second option User and am lost .

Can you please break down this for me.. Much appreciated
Thanks in Advance - Ash

Its not terribly common, but there have been some cases where upon installing froyo and updating the camera, the firmware flash has messed up and broken the camera. Make no mistake, this is not a software issue. Its a camera firmware issue and the only way to fix it is to reflash the firmware.

Now, the camera software offers once. After that, if it fails, it isn't going to prompt again.

To get around this:

1. Download Launcher Pro from the market. Any cut and ADW will likely work too.
2. make a new shortcut, to an activity.
3. Scroll to Camera Firmware, and choose the second option (user)
4. Click ok. There is now a shortcut on your homescreen. Choose the third option, Phone to CAM FW Write. Put your phone down and do not touch it until it is done.

Hope this helps.