dual boot broken on wave 1

OP Smantanasiceapa

11th July 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 27

319 posts
More
Hi everyone! First of all, I'm new in this section, never meet bada until now, before it I had an S2. So I got my sister's Wave 1, and when trying to boot into android (btw it has bada 2.0 as primary OS) it stuck's at boot screen. She doesn't remember how and what things flashed, so I must take it from 0.

1) In order to remove the version of android installed, how do I proceed?

2) Is there any way to boot in stock recovery (I think) to factory reset and maybe get rid of android version (which I don't know which it is), and so Bada 2.0 remain the only OS version?

3) The firmware version is XXKL6 from Poland and I don't find an available link to download the same version. Is there necesary to renew firmware from sammobile in order the get rid of the android problem from 2) ? Which latest firmware offered by sammobile is stable? I'm from Romania, so is there any problem if I change the original firmware with one you guys recommend it? There will be problems with 3G or smth? Can also someone provide me a good and easy tutorial for reinstalling the firmware if it is necessary?

4) Finally, I want one only OS version, and that woun't be bada. In order to work properly, I must dualboot Android? Or I can have only Android?
12th July 2014, 01:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 258

274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smantanasiceapa

Hi everyone! First of all, I'm new in this section, never meet bada until now, before it I had an S2. So I got my sister's Wave 1, and when trying to boot into android (btw it has bada 2.0 as primary OS) it stuck's at boot screen. She doesn't remember how and what things flashed, so I must take it from 0.

1) In order to remove the version of android installed, how do I proceed?

2) Is there any way to boot in stock recovery (I think) to factory reset and maybe get rid of android version (which I don't know which it is), and so Bada 2.0 remain the only OS version?

3) The firmware version is XXKL6 from Poland and I don't find an available link to download the same version. Is there necesary to renew firmware from sammobile in order the get rid of the android problem from 2) ? Which latest firmware offered by sammobile is stable? I'm from Romania, so is there any problem if I change the original firmware with one you guys recommend it? There will be problems with 3G or smth? Can also someone provide me a good and easy tutorial for reinstalling the firmware if it is necessary?

4) Finally, I want one only OS version, and that woun't be bada. In order to work properly, I must dualboot Android? Or I can have only Android?

To boot android you need several things :
Bootfiles (same for all android rom, make Bada and Android bootable, default bootfiles can't boot android)
Fota : Boot some system depending of the key pressed, Android Fota can ALL boot bada with some key combination.
Default fota can boot only bada. It also decide default boot and where to search Kernel.
Android kernel, must be placed where fota decide (often a zImage or a boot.img file on SDcard or bada user partition)
A ROM of course, installed somewhere (where the kernel is configured to boot)

To remove android, it depend of version :
Loop : (installed with bada in virtual partition on internal memory in dual boot), no real need to remove, it just use some space in bada_app and bada_system. How to know you have it ? SDcard is real size and you can boot bada.
Nand : installed on internal memory, it replace Bada. You need to flash Bada to remove it. How to know ? You don't have bada.
SD : installed on SDcard in dual boot with bada. Format fully sdcard to remove android. How to know ? you have bada and sdcard is smaller than real size.

There is no recovery on Bada, only on android ROM on Wave.
There is a Download mode to flash firmwares.
For a good bada, check Turko CFW v10.2, or firefly rom, in Bada dev section.
You can flash it with multiloader v5.65, it will remove Android Nand and Loop.
You'll loose all data.
But there is no real interest into removing android except if you want bada or get some space back.

I like dual boot (with default boot on android) because bada have great battery life and better camera.

Now you have to choose between numerous roms here on xda or elsewhere. Badadroid (main project) is Loop, most of recent roms are Nand.
I made a SD rom (experimental) here on XDA, and there is SD and Nand rom for wave on the web.

Loop ROM are a bit slower than Nand, and Nand ROM a bit slower than SD if you have a good SD (class 4 and upper).
Last edited by BenzoX; 12th July 2014 at 01:14 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenzoX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread