Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,784 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to port roms for Samsung Wave&Wave II

Tip us?

Blue59
Old
(Last edited by Blue59; 17th July 2014 at 10:40 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [GUIDE] How to port roms for Samsung Wave&Wave II

NOTE: For this guide you need Base Rom and Port Rom must be same version. You should port roms from Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Some roms gives error (unfortunately... phone has stopped) it stems from kernel. if you have this error you should try different kernels.

Requirements

* Notepad++
* 7zip

Let's start porting!

*Every changes Base to Port...

- Create two folders named Base and Port . Base rom for our wave rom. Port rom for Galaxy S rom. Extract roms these folders.
- In port rom delete Meta-inf folder and copy paste Meta-inf from base rom.
- Now open system folders for both roms. From base rom copy replace addon.d files to port rom.
- In base rom bin/adb, app-process, atrace, dalvikvm, mediaserver, rild, sensorservice, setmodel.sh, vold, wpa_cli, wpa_suplicant ; copy replace these files to port rom bin folder.
- In base rom etc folder copy replace all folders and files (without>> dhcpcd, permissions, ppp, security) to port rom etc folder.
- In base rom etc/permissions copy replace all files (without>> latform.xml, handheld_core_hardware.xml) to port rom etc/permissions
- In base rom lib folder copy-merge-replace (drm, egl, hw, soundfx, ssl) to port lib. and again from base in lib copy replace (libaudioeffect_jni, libaudioflinger, libaudioutils, libmocha_ril.so, libreference-ril.so, libril.so, libril-client.so, librilutils.so, libsensorservice, libsrs-client.so) to port rom lib
- In base rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml-eri.xml and storage.list.xml copy replace to port rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml
- Delete in port rom "usr and vendor" folders and from base rom copy paste "usr and vendor" folders.
- From base rom in xbin copy replace (su) to port rom in xbin
- open build.prop files in port and base rom
edit base rom's build.prop... copy replace these lines from port rom build.prop (ro.build.id= - ro.build.tags= ro.cm.version= ve ro.mod.version= / ro.config.ringtone=, ro.config.notification=, ro.config.alarm=) to base rom's build.prop and save-exit..
- Delete build.prop in port rom and paste build.prop from base rom
- It's finished now open 7z and compress Port rom folder (Meta-inf and system)

Done! You can enjoy your own Port Rom
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Galaxy3HELL
Old
Thanks Meter 223
And porting can begin

Thanks for this guide

ghoslslender124
Old
Thanks Meter 94
+ for guide

Can i port any CM7 rom (kernel 2.3.62)?

BenzoX
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoslslender124 View Post
+ for guide

Can i port any CM7 rom (kernel 2.3.62)?
Yeah, if you find/compile a corresponding kernel.
Sadly there is no "functionning" GB kernel for wave. (One exist but nothing work on it)

black0000
Old
Thanks Meter 70
an idea
since wave doesnt have brightness control ambient sensor we dont have automatic brigtness but some apps let you adjest brightness using camera
so we can use automatic brightness using our front or back camera of phone
here is one application i have tested and work good or somebody here give better than that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vito.lux&hl=en
BADADROID:thanks to Oleg_K, mijoma, srg.mstr, b.kubica, nbates66, anghelyi, mikegapinski, KB_Jetdroid,soxis,mylove90,krischa1001,REBELLOS,VO LK204,TIGROUZEN and many more i dont know.

lollo78
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by black0000 View Post
an idea
since wave doesnt have brightness control ambient sensor we dont have automatic brigtness but some apps let you adjest brightness using camera
so we can use automatic brightness using our front or back camera of phone
here is one application i have tested and work good or somebody here give better than that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vito.lux&hl=en
Maybe it could be a "battery drain" solution... I suppose...

tofifo
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi Blue59 I appreciate what you mention in this post and I find very interesting.

Is a problem that commented on the following link and I asked in several forums but no one helps me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sams...opers-t2820149

I have install Master ICS ROM Docs and am happy with this rom and do not want to use another rom.

But the camera works at 50%, If can take pictures, but you can not record videos.

I want to do port the camera folders and options from another ROM where if can record videos and add them to the ICS ROM Docs Master

Can I change folders Docs Master ICS ROM that have to do with the camera ........and replace them with another ROM where I SI works for video recording as well get to record videos too with ICS ROM Master Docs ?

I mean doing what you said in initiation post