Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[GUIDE] How to port roms for Samsung Wave&Wave II

17th July 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Tekirdag
Thanks Meter: 51

46 posts
NOTE: For this guide you need Base Rom and Port Rom must be same version. You should port roms from Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Some roms gives error (unfortunately... phone has stopped) it stems from kernel. if you have this error you should try different kernels.

Requirements

* Notepad++
* 7zip

Let's start porting!

*Every changes Base to Port...

- Create two folders named Base and Port . Base rom for our wave rom. Port rom for Galaxy S rom. Extract roms these folders.
- In port rom delete Meta-inf folder and copy paste Meta-inf from base rom.
- Now open system folders for both roms. From base rom copy replace addon.d files to port rom.
- In base rom bin/adb, app-process, atrace, dalvikvm, mediaserver, rild, sensorservice, setmodel.sh, vold, wpa_cli, wpa_suplicant ; copy replace these files to port rom bin folder.
- In base rom etc folder copy replace all folders and files (without>> dhcpcd, permissions, ppp, security) to port rom etc folder.
- In base rom etc/permissions copy replace all files (without>> latform.xml, handheld_core_hardware.xml) to port rom etc/permissions
- In base rom lib folder copy-merge-replace (drm, egl, hw, soundfx, ssl) to port lib. and again from base in lib copy replace (libaudioeffect_jni, libaudioflinger, libaudioutils, libmocha_ril.so, libreference-ril.so, libril.so, libril-client.so, librilutils.so, libsensorservice, libsrs-client.so) to port rom lib
- In base rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml-eri.xml and storage.list.xml copy replace to port rom framework/framework.res.apk/res/xml
- Delete in port rom "usr and vendor" folders and from base rom copy paste "usr and vendor" folders.
- From base rom in xbin copy replace (su) to port rom in xbin
- open build.prop files in port and base rom
edit base rom's build.prop... copy replace these lines from port rom build.prop (ro.build.id= - ro.build.tags= ro.cm.version= ve ro.mod.version= / ro.config.ringtone=, ro.config.notification=, ro.config.alarm=) to base rom's build.prop and save-exit..
- Delete build.prop in port rom and paste build.prop from base rom
- It's finished now open 7z and compress Port rom folder (Meta-inf and system)

Done! You can enjoy your own Port Rom
Last edited by Blue59; 17th July 2014 at 10:40 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blue59 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Prnjavor
Thanks Meter: 229

457 posts
More
Angry
And porting can begin

Thanks for this guide
17th July 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Jeleńcz
Thanks Meter: 101

207 posts
+ for guide

Can i port any CM7 rom (kernel 2.3.62)?
17th July 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 252

260 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoslslender124

+ for guide

Can i port any CM7 rom (kernel 2.3.62)?

Yeah, if you find/compile a corresponding kernel.
Sadly there is no "functionning" GB kernel for wave. (One exist but nothing work on it)
23rd July 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #5  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 70

266 posts
More
an idea
since wave doesnt have brightness control ambient sensor we dont have automatic brigtness but some apps let you adjest brightness using camera
so we can use automatic brightness using our front or back camera of phone
here is one application i have tested and work good or somebody here give better than that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vito.lux&hl=en
23rd July 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by black0000

an idea
since wave doesnt have brightness control ambient sensor we dont have automatic brigtness but some apps let you adjest brightness using camera
so we can use automatic brightness using our front or back camera of phone
here is one application i have tested and work good or somebody here give better than that
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vito.lux&hl=en

Maybe it could be a "battery drain" solution... I suppose...
23rd July 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

83 posts
Hi Blue59 I appreciate what you mention in this post and I find very interesting.

Is a problem that commented on the following link and I asked in several forums but no one helps me.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sams...opers-t2820149

I have install Master ICS ROM Docs and am happy with this rom and do not want to use another rom.

But the camera works at 50%, If can take pictures, but you can not record videos.

I want to do port the camera folders and options from another ROM where if can record videos and add them to the ICS ROM Docs Master

Can I change folders Docs Master ICS ROM that have to do with the camera ........and replace them with another ROM where I SI works for video recording as well get to record videos too with ICS ROM Master Docs ?

I mean doing what you said in initiation post

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android Development on Bada by ThreadRank