Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just found 2 old s8500

Tip us?

whatabody
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Just found 2 old s8500

hi guys I just found 2 old wave s8500 that I had forgot about for a few years anyways whats the best way forward as for android install, I am confused with all the development

1) dual boot , any advice on this!

2) android which works the best at the min?

3) any complete guides for a complete setup ?

hope some kind person can take the time to help me out

BenzoX
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatabody View Post
hi guys I just found 2 old wave s8500 that I had forgot about for a few years anyways whats the best way forward as for android install, I am confused with all the development

1) dual boot , any advice on this!

2) android which works the best at the min?

3) any complete guides for a complete setup ?

hope some kind person can take the time to help me out
Dual (triple boot) -> see my Fota/Fboot thread in android dev on bada section, it has some explaination about waht is fota and how it's work.
On this project we only have : -a kernel (called zImage, boot.img or whatever), a Fota to load the kernel (all Fota are compatible with all kernels) and of course a ROM.
You'll see several version of installation (Nand, SD, Loop), and several rom (omni, cm11, Paranoid Android).
About ROM (omni, cm11...) your choice.
About installation :
Nand is installed on internal memory (erase bada), SD is installed on SD (doesn't erase bada), Loop is installed next to bada on internal memory (doesn't erase bada). Loop is slower than Nand. Speed of SD rom depend of SD speed.

Don't go to ROM older than Badadroid 4.4, it's outdated.

Any complete guide ? each rom have a little guide in its thread, often clear enough.

Requirement :
Bada 2.0 (it's important, find a bada 2.0 firmware here (like Turko CFW or Firefly) if you have bada 1.2)
Android-friendly bootfiles (common to ALL android rom, if you find one in a thread it will work with ALL rom----
A FOTA (there is a lot of FOTA, all compatible with all ROM as soon as this is an android Fota). It decide which system boot first, what key combination does, and what kernel must be named. Needlessly to say, i like my Fota

Flash all these thing with Multiloader v5.65.

If you have any question, read some threads first (at least first posts), read this again, and then ask
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenzoX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]