Only 86.4MB visible when connection S8500

30th August 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use my Samsung Wave S8500 again, and want to get Android on it. I've done it before but I'm a bit rusty on working with it.
Most things I will be able to figure out and find online.

However there's one problem I'm stuck with. Whenever I connect the phone to the computer I can only see 1 partition of 86.4MB.
Google and the XDA can't help me (At least not with the terms I tried using)

I don't recall what exactly I did with the phone the last time, now I flashed a new Bootloader and Fota from this android version.
When I place the corresponding zlimage file on the 86.4mb partition I can boot into the CWM Recovery mode.
Bada also works like regular. However after using some of the functions in the recovery mode (I didn't really know what I did, and I believe it wasn't too smart) the Memory status is:
Total / Available
System Memory: 564 MB ./ 162 MB
Application Memory 129 MB / 3.00 KB
Internal User Memory 85.2 MB / 38.9 MB

Before using some recovery functions these numbers were different (mainly higher)

Can anyone help me with my problems? I want to get any android version on the phone asap. I have a broken SD card so I hope I can do it without any SD card. (Buying a new SD card is not really an option as my next phone won't have a slot)

Kind regards,

Advena
30th August 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Jeleńcz
Thanks Meter: 99

205 posts
1. reflash bada (FULL)
2. run bada > factort reset
3. copy zImage/boot.img to sd card
4. install android
31st August 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Can't believe it was that simple.
I started reflashing just before I saw your post just to at least have the newest version.
And yes it instantly booted with the full 390MB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread