Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any way to make a 500-MB RAM android phone faster? Galaxy Ace 4

Tip us?

Lummm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Any way to make a 500-MB RAM android phone faster? Galaxy Ace 4

Hi I just got my first android phone. A Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with a very low price an spec
turns out that it is super slow and laggy, apps crash constantly, returning to home screen takes 2-5 secs
I've already tweaked it in some ways, like disabling animations, using light laucher, etc. (ART is not available though..)
I'm very new to Android world and I just wanna know if there're any other ways to speed up this phone
maybe custom ROMs or rooting? I can't find either of these for my model. CyanogenMod doesn't support my model and so do the other custom ROMs

It lags badly. Please help

BenzoX
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummm View Post
Hi I just got my first android phone. A Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with a very low price an spec
turns out that it is super slow and laggy, apps crash constantly, returning to home screen takes 2-5 secs
I've already tweaked it in some ways, like disabling animations, using light laucher, etc. (ART is not available though..)
I'm very new to Android world and I just wanna know if there're any other ways to speed up this phone
maybe custom ROMs or rooting? I can't find either of these for my model. CyanogenMod doesn't support my model and so do the other custom ROMs

It lags badly. Please help
Do you have model number ?
If phone is very recent you won't find any custom rom yet, so wait a bit.
Without custom rom you can't do a lot... Especially without root.
Try to disable a much apps (stuff like Samsung apps...) as you can, and don't use Touchwizz.
You can't do much more without root or custom rom.

Lummm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoX View Post
Do you have model number ?
If phone is very recent you won't find any custom rom yet, so wait a bit.
Without custom rom you can't do a lot... Especially without root.
Try to disable a much apps (stuff like Samsung apps...) as you can, and don't use Touchwizz.
You can't do much more without root or custom rom.
The model number is SM-G313HU
I don't know if they will ever build a custom ROM for my model. Should I do an unsupported way? Please guide me.

BenzoX
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummm View Post
The model number is SM-G313HU
I don't know if they will ever build a custom ROM for my model. Should I do an unsupported way? Please guide me.
Phone is brand new, i think you can't install custom roms easilly. You need to wait and see if devs are insterested in it.
Try to disable a lot of stuff and find a launcher without touchwizz, i have no better advices.