S-View Clocks for Note 4

Do you want a classy clock for your classy S-View cover? XDA Recognized Themersibinnhas provided us very … more

1% Battery Mod Themes for M8 Lollipop

If you have the battery-themer mod “1% battery”, this collection fromXDA Recognized Themer … more

No Timeline for Wi-Fi Direct Vulnerability , Says Google

CoreSecurity and Google have an ongoing dispute over the nature of a Wi-Fi Direct … more

Android Is the First Mobile OS to Ship 1 Billion Devices In a Year

Another milestone for Android! According to Strategy Analytics’ … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Any way to make a 500-MB RAM android phone faster? Galaxy Ace 4

OP Lummm

2nd September 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Hi I just got my first android phone. A Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with a very low price an spec
turns out that it is super slow and laggy, apps crash constantly, returning to home screen takes 2-5 secs
I've already tweaked it in some ways, like disabling animations, using light laucher, etc. (ART is not available though..)
I'm very new to Android world and I just wanna know if there're any other ways to speed up this phone
maybe custom ROMs or rooting? I can't find either of these for my model. CyanogenMod doesn't support my model and so do the other custom ROMs

It lags badly. Please help
2nd September 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummm

Hi I just got my first android phone. A Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 with a very low price an spec
turns out that it is super slow and laggy, apps crash constantly, returning to home screen takes 2-5 secs
I've already tweaked it in some ways, like disabling animations, using light laucher, etc. (ART is not available though..)
I'm very new to Android world and I just wanna know if there're any other ways to speed up this phone
maybe custom ROMs or rooting? I can't find either of these for my model. CyanogenMod doesn't support my model and so do the other custom ROMs

It lags badly. Please help

Do you have model number ?
If phone is very recent you won't find any custom rom yet, so wait a bit.
Without custom rom you can't do a lot... Especially without root.
Try to disable a much apps (stuff like Samsung apps...) as you can, and don't use Touchwizz.
You can't do much more without root or custom rom.
3rd September 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoX

Do you have model number ?
If phone is very recent you won't find any custom rom yet, so wait a bit.
Without custom rom you can't do a lot... Especially without root.
Try to disable a much apps (stuff like Samsung apps...) as you can, and don't use Touchwizz.
You can't do much more without root or custom rom.

The model number is SM-G313HU
I don't know if they will ever build a custom ROM for my model. Should I do an unsupported way? Please guide me.
3rd September 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummm

The model number is SM-G313HU
I don't know if they will ever build a custom ROM for my model. Should I do an unsupported way? Please guide me.

Phone is brand new, i think you can't install custom roms easilly. You need to wait and see if devs are insterested in it.
Try to disable a lot of stuff and find a launcher without touchwizz, i have no better advices.
3rd November 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
how u root dat cell i also have it & i want 2 root it..
3rd November 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawadenirav@gmail.com

how u root dat cell i also have it & i want 2 root it..

If you can't find guides specific to your phone try some generic tools such as towelroot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes