Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][PORT]**L-Droid v3.0.2**[T959][AOSP][4.4.4][Fast][Stable][Linaro 4.7][08/25/14]

OP dzee206

5th October 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 8

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantinaNW

Hi all, I'm a little stumped about this rom. Perhaps answers some of these questions will help me a lot. Thanks for your time.

1) What is the recommended upgrade path to flash this rom? Obviously you can't just flash stock -> L-Droid (I tried). My solution involved stock -> (maybe_some_rom_here) -> CM9 -> CM10 -> CM11 -> L-Droid and no I couldn't find a shorter path that would work. Mostly has to do with getting the right version of ClockworkMod Recovery installed at each step to get to the next step.

2) Where is Fixed Dialing Numbers? I use Google Voice and can't set up automatic forwarding anymore because I can't find the FDN list. (Didn't carry over because I switched carriers at the same time as upgrading to L-Droid)

3) I'm still having an issue with Cell signal strength always at dB -1, or no bars even though I'm getting data. Why is this? Is the modem not included in each rom? Will a proper upgrade path ensure a proper modem? What other modem should I try?

4) I may try Spirit Rom in case I can't solve any issues, but I'd like to give this one a shot.

Big thanks to Dzee206 for helping me figure out solutions to my problems. I'll write down what I've figured out so others can benefit.

1) Stock > CM7.2 > 10.1 > 11 > LDroid. However, I got stuck at 11, and had to keep trying to flash 11 and 10.2 over and over until it finally worked.

2) FDN List is now under the dialer options.

3) Cell signal strength visual bug went away with a proper upgrade flash path (see #1)

4) I tried Spirit Rom and maybe I just couldn't get the flash dance right, but it kept FCing on me, starting 10-20 minutes in. At least LDroid is working now which was the original goal.

Great rom, and thanks for all the help!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cantinaNW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #112  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 627

930 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantinaNW

Big thanks to Dzee206 for helping me figure out solutions to my problems. I'll write down what I've figured out so others can benefit.

1) Stock > CM7.2 > 10.1 > 11 > LDroid. However, I got stuck at 11, and had to keep trying to flash 11 and 10.2 over and over until it finally worked.

2) FDN List is now under the dialer options.

3) Cell signal strength visual bug went away with a proper upgrade flash path (see #1)

4) I tried Spirit Rom and maybe I just couldn't get the flash dance right, but it kept FCing on me, starting 10-20 minutes in. At least LDroid is working now which was the original goal.

Great rom, and thanks for all the help!

Sweet, glad you've got everything sorted out now. If you really want to try Spirit rom I'd make a nandroid and flash it like how its mentioned in my op here, only reason i prefer that way besides debugging wise is that I've noticed over the past few months some roms after being flashed tend to act up when everything is flashed all at once during a session in recovery. Enjoy flashing away but i just gotta ask due to your sn, which part of the NW are you from? Oops sorry for forgetting to mention that flashing from cm10 to cm11 that you'll need to flash it twice due to the new partition layout introduced in JB...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dzee206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 04:30 AM   |  #113  
Flag Portland, Jamaica
Thanks Meter: 36

56 posts
More
trying to download version 3.0.2 but there seems to be a problem with the download is there a mirror or alternate link?
Edit- the download starts but fails or says complete when only a part of it was downloaded and other downloads are working fine
Last edited by RudeBwoy; 6th October 2014 at 04:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RudeBwoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #114  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

930 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBwoy

trying to download version 3.0.2 but there seems to be a problem with the download is there a mirror or alternate link?
Edit- the download starts but fails or says complete when only a part of it was downloaded and other downloads are working fine

I'm not at home atm but I'll get you a mirror later on when I get back. are you downloading via mobile or PC? not sure what's going with the link but it works as I've helped a fellow vibrant owner update to 3.0.2 earlier and he/she had no issues with the link, I'd try using WiFi if downloading from mobile and if from PC I'd try a different browser.

EDIT: heres the mirror you need, hopefully this works as I'm a little bit under the influence of Hennessy and AMF's right now lol ... http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/98335599/file.html

sent from my sweetened CandyKat SGH-I717
Last edited by dzee206; 6th October 2014 at 10:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dzee206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #115  
Flag Portland, Jamaica
Thanks Meter: 36

56 posts
More
lol Hennessy brings back lots of funny memories. I did try different browsers I was downloading from pc but the mirror is perfect thanks cant wait to flash it, should be done soon.
Last edited by RudeBwoy; 6th October 2014 at 03:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RudeBwoy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #116  
Thanks Meter: 8

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee206

Sweet, glad you've got everything sorted out now. If you really want to try Spirit rom I'd make a nandroid and flash it like how its mentioned in my op here, only reason i prefer that way besides debugging wise is that I've noticed over the past few months some roms after being flashed tend to act up when everything is flashed all at once during a session in recovery. Enjoy flashing away but i just gotta ask due to your sn, which part of the NW are you from? Oops sorry for forgetting to mention that flashing from cm10 to cm11 that you'll need to flash it twice due to the new partition layout introduced in JB...

cm10 > cm11) Oh, that makes sense now. It would be nice to have all these weird essential bits of information in one place.
Spirit Rom) Finally got Spirit working and I had to use the same flashing technique you described in the OP.
sn) Portland / Seattle area back and forth, though I'm in Michigan now but still visit the NW about once a year. Miss the mountains, but great lakes are awesome swimming... when they're not frozen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cantinaNW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #117  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
More
Hi, dzee206. Thanks for all your hard work! It took me all day (sad, I know) but I finally flashed the ROM and gapps successfully and everything looks good. I can't say that I completely understand most of this but I know how to do research and I can follow instructions. That being said, I remember reading that you recommended using the Neat or Neo kernel to use with this ROM? Is that only if problems are encountered with the built-in kernel or is it a good idea either way? I've downloaded the Neat kernel zip file. Do you have any recommendations as to how to install it? I mean, like the steps you gave with installing the ROM. Should I wipe cache/Dalvik and then install from sdcard? I hope you can give me some tips, I really don't want to screw up a whole day's work and have to start all over again. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caramia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 756

1,867 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramia

Hi, dzee206. Thanks for all your hard work! It took me all day (sad, I know) but I finally flashed the ROM and gapps successfully and everything looks good. I can't say that I completely understand most of this but I know how to do research and I can follow instructions. That being said, I remember reading that you recommended using the Neat or Neo kernel to use with this ROM? Is that only if problems are encountered with the built-in kernel or is it a good idea either way? I've downloaded the Neat kernel zip file. Do you have any recommendations as to how to install it? I mean, like the steps you gave with installing the ROM. Should I wipe cache/Dalvik and then install from sdcard? I hope you can give me some tips, I really don't want to screw up a whole day's work and have to start all over again. Thanks!

His Neat/Neo kernel was just that, a suggestion. You can also check the latest pages of the Semaphore kernel thread for the most updated kernel as of this post released by iyahman compiled with the 4.9 Linaro toolchain for more responsiveness. Also yes, before updating kernels, it is advised to clear Cache and the Dalvik Cache for a cleaner kernel install, so yes, you are well informed already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirogu325 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th October 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #119  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle

930 posts
More
I've added Candy Sweetener to the op under downloads, these are universal and allow some extra modding to roms to be done that this device has yet to see. I've been using it on my SGH-I717 and really love it. Just be sure to have/make a nandroid to fall back on in case things go wrong. Don't worry this rom is far from being discontinued just awaiting on 4.0 to get all the bugs ironed out and uploaded and I'll port it over for y'all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dzee206 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #120  
Recognized Themer
Flag Allgäu
Thanks Meter: 3,498

2,891 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes thats right, rom seems to get a new version soon. And it seems that senior will keep, or return again to, SlimRom as his base...in my opinion thats great .

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.4, aosp, kitkat, l-droid, port
Previous Thread Next Thread