[REF][KERNELS][CWM] Nelson's Kernels for Neobuddys ICS ROMS [4-5-12]

Search This thread

closedcircuit

Jan 25, 2012
Since there were so many people asking on the dev thread for download links to the different kernels. I decided to create a consolidated list with links to all the available kernels for Neobuddy89 ICS Passion from v11 build 5 and Euphoria RC1 onward.

ICS Passion

ICS Euphoria

.::IMPORTANT::.
To ensure proper kernel function:

1. Wipe cache
2. Wipe dalvik cache
3. Flash kernel
4. Fix permissions
5. Wipe cache
6. Wipe dalvik cache

v11b5
ICS_Passion_v11b5_boot "ICS_Touched #4"

v12
ICS_Passion_blue_b8_with_Nova
ICS_Passion_sunset_with_nova
ICS_Passion_blue_b8_with_trebuchet
ICS_Passion_sunset_b8_with_trebuchet

v13 RC1
ICS_Passion_v13_boot
ICS_Passion_v13_boot2
ICS_Passion_v13_boot3
ICS_Passion_v13_cleanup

RC1
ICS_Kissed_20120219.0116 "I Got Some Ice Cream" #1
ICS_Kissed_v2.2 "Ewe Now I Am All Sticky" #4
ICS_Kissed_20120226.1157 "Yum Yum #2"
ICS_Kissed_20120225.2328 "Eww Now I Am All Sticky" #5
ICS_Kiss-20120304.1717 Kiss v3 "Mmmm that feels good #2"
ICS_Kiss-20120305.0934 Kiss v3.1 "Mmmm that feels good #1"
ICS_Kissed_v4 "Sealed with a kiss #1"
ICS_Kissed_v4.1 "Sealed with a kiss #4"

RC2
ICS_Kiss_v5 "Sweeeeet #3"

RC2.1
ICS_Kiss_v5.1_CWM "Sweeeeet #1"
ICS_Kiss_v5.1_CWM_touch "Sweeeeet #1"
ICS_Kiss_v6_CWM "Kiss me once #9"
ICS_Kiss_v6.4_CWM
ICS_Kiss_v6.4_CWM_Touch
ICS_Kiss_v6.5.1_CWM "Quick before it melts #1"
ICS_Kiss_v6.5.1_CWM_Touch
ICS_Kiss_v7.2_CWM
ICS_Kiss_v7.2_CWM_Touch
ICS_Kiss_v7.3_CWM
ICS_Kiss_v7.3_CWM_Touch
ICS_Kiss_v8_CWM
ICS_Kiss_v8_CWM_Touch

neobuddy89
nelson
bobshute
Woodrube

Last edited:

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Thank you for doing this. I was thinking the same thing. Nice job and this was definitely need. Much confusion about which, where and how to find them.

Conkrete

Sep 24, 2010
Best performance/smoothness I have found using passion v13 and this kernel: xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1432051

it has lots of performance tweaks but really helps with the 65fps increase. all other kernels I have tested only have 55-56 fps. the 10fps makes a huge difference in the smoothness of transitions and especially in 3d apps.

you can easily test by downloading "FPS Test" on the android market. its free.

one drawback: I wasn't able to overclock over 1.1ghz stable. I had to use nstools to live OC as built in overclock did not have 1100mhz option with this kernel

Last edited:

sukhbirgs

Sep 2, 2011
calgary
Thanks for posting the links, cleanup link is not working in passion thread. I have few newbee questions

Currently i am running bionix 1.3.1 Fishmanmod.

1) I have read somewhere that one can install this over bionix 1.3.1 without cm7 and GB Bootloaders. Resulting boot loop can be fixed by reflashing ICS passion by removing the battery.

OR is better to JFD to stock froyo and install CM7 and bootloaders. Is the ICS_Passion_v13_boot.zip file i would use to flash booloader or should i download from bootloader link in ICS Passion post.

2) How to use clean up patch, do i use it before or after installing ICS Passion.

Thanks for your help.

closedcircuit

Jan 25, 2012
Thanks for posting the links, cleanup link is not working in passion thread. I have few newbee questions

Currently i am running bionix 1.3.1 Fishmanmod.

1) I have read somewhere that one can install this over bionix 1.3.1 without cm7 and GB Bootloaders. Resulting boot loop can be fixed by reflashing ICS passion by removing the battery.

OR is better to JFD to stock froyo and install CM7 and bootloaders. Is the ICS_Passion_v13_boot.zip file i would use to flash booloader or should i download from bootloader link in ICS Passion post.

2) How to use clean up patch, do i use it before or after installing ICS Passion.

Thanks for your help.

I have always done the Odin JFD > CWM CM7 > Odin GB Bootloader > ICS.

The ICS_Passion_v13_boot.zip is the kernel from Passion v13rc1. The clean up patch is ONLY used after flashing the v13boot3 kernel. Using the v13 cleanup patch with any other kernel can possibly mess with your phone and require a Odin to JFD. (1st hand experience)

Reactions: sukhbirgs

sukhbirgs

Sep 2, 2011
calgary
Thanks for this great post, followed it and was able to install ICS Passion on my vibrant. I have a quick question, now all the carrier names are displayed as numbers. Do you know of any fix for that.

One more thing i want to add is that my camera/video was not working and i had tried couple of different roms but all gave me this error "Camera failed". But now its working like a charm. Cannot post in dev forum right now but would like to thank the developer.

ddaley88

Oct 13, 2010
Kissimmee
I'm currently on ICS euphoria which I'm loving by the way but what does the kiss kernel do for euphoria???

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

closedcircuit

Jan 25, 2012
I'm currently on ICS euphoria which I'm loving by the way but what does the kiss kernel do for euphoria???

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

The Kiss kernel is included with EuphoriaRC1, but Kiss v2.2 was released afterwards. Kiss v2.2 also solves many problems people were having kernels included with Passion starting with v12 to v13rc1, i.e. GPS w&w/o deepsleep and also Speakerphone issues.

Top Liked Posts