[idea] Mobile AP Wifi Landing page!!!!

Search This thread

solidkundi

Sep 27, 2008
Hi i'm a freelancing graphic designer/ web designer / anything creative....

I goto coffee shops alot and I always use Mobile AP.... works like a treat on my Vibrant w/ Froyo Rom (Axura)...and that got me wondering....

is it possible to have a landing page for my Mobile AP....basically i was hoping to make a webpage with advertisement about my "graphic design services"....

and add a button labeled "Connect".... this way the people with unlimited data plan... can offer internet to the "less fortunate" ....

and if people are interested... how about implementing paypal

shehrammajid

May 27, 2009
Houston, TX

I goto coffee shops alot and I always use Mobile AP.... works like a treat on my Vibrant w/ Froyo Rom (Axura)...and that got me wondering....

is it possible to have a landing page for my Mobile AP....basically i was hoping to make a webpage with advertisement about my "graphic design services"....

and add a button labeled "Connect".... this way the people with unlimited data plan... can offer internet to the "less fortunate" ....

your bandwith would skyrocket if lots of people in a coffee shop used your mobile ap and tmobile would throttle you before you can say "what the hell just happened?":)

brian_v3ntura

Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville , FL

unlimited plans are never really unlimited when it comes to 3g

mainevent3405

Dec 1, 2008
Atlanta
your bandwith would skyrocket if lots of people in a coffee shop used your mobile ap and tmobile would throttle you before you can say "what the hell just happened?":)

Thanks for the post OP. I had totally forgotten about Mobile AP. I had been using Barnacle to tether wirelessly. GREAT thing about Mobile AP is that my PS3 finds it and I've been connected all evening! :D

As far as the above quote, it will only allow up to 5 devices to be connected and also, I put a passcode on my wifi so anyone attempting to pick up my signal will have to know my passcode.

The Icon to put on one of my screens as a shortcut really helps a lot.

Thanks again!

explodingboy70

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 20, 2010
Southwest Florida
And your unlimited data plan with T-mobile is up to 5gb before they throttle you to the point where some have reported pages timing out because it's so slow.

Nice thought though.

solidkundi

Sep 27, 2008
I understand that i could be throttled down ..... I'm sure you can limit the number of devices that could be connected..... and maybe if i can restrict it to "Browsing only" .....

but my question is.....is this possible?

heres the basic outline of what i think should be featured on the app:

*landing page customizable
*option for password
*option to restrict to only browsing or only email?
*option to restrict the amount of devices that can be connected simultaneously
*integration w/ paypal ...so android owners can setup their account so they can charge for the internet service they're providing...
*referrals make commission

ofcourse this will be a project... but i'm sure we can all benefit from something like this..

jackharvest

Feb 15, 2012
Still a Great Idea

Just Googled for this idea. I agree it would be awesome. I have a little home-grown business, and when the wifi goes down at school, I'd love to use my unlimited plan on my phone to allow the class to connect to my wifi AND have then be forced to the homepage of my business first.

Still nothing? I'd love this.

cellsclinic

Apr 10, 2013
no idea any one

I understand that i could be throttled down ..... I'm sure you can limit the number of devices that could be connected..... and maybe if i can restrict it to "Browsing only" .....

but my question is.....is this possible?

heres the basic outline of what i think should be featured on the app:

*landing page customizable
*option for password
*option to restrict to only browsing or only email?
*option to restrict the amount of devices that can be connected simultaneously
*integration w/ paypal ...so android owners can setup their account so they can charge for the internet service they're providing...
*referrals make commission

ofcourse this will be a project... but i'm sure we can all benefit from something like this..
its possible