Originally Posted by nirogu325
Status 7 sometimes tends to be the assert lines inside the ROM .zip. Check inside the zip (I use 7Zip on my PC): META-INF > com > google > android > updater-script. Check in that script (I use Notepad++ on my PC) the first lines. In the picture I attached, I show you an example of the assert lines. Delete those if present. If that doesn't yield resuls, it could be the GB Bootloader. Although I could flash the newer CM builds with them by deleting the assert lines I showed you. I no longer have the GB Bootloader, so I had to flash my way through JFD to ICS and then to KK again.
I just did it in Root Explorer. Anyways what I did was I deleted those Assert lines, rezipped it up and flashed. Got a failure due to partition errors (probably because for some reason it was still reading as an I-9000) and said if I wanted to continue to reflash the package. So I flashed my "rebuilt" package and gapps. Was faced with the Set-Up Wizard FC issue, so I thought that maybe I would try to reflash the unaltered CM11 zip to see if it fixed it (before I searched for the solution). It went through the first time with no errors. Still have the Set-Up FC issue, but once I get in my house where there is wifi (no sim in this phone), I can fix that right up, cause I know how to use the search function.
Anyways, thanks for your help. If it came down to it, I would have flashed the Froyo BLs, but this was just as easy. If the next time the ROM updates and I can't get past that, I may have to flash them but I doubt it since I "sort of" tested that philosophy with my reflash from above.