Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] HELP! Phone restarts when connected to charger/USB

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
By boydster, Junior Member on 13th July 2015, 05:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was using Slim 4.4.4 for a little while on my Vibrant, no major issues, but wanted to flash it back to stock for one of my family members that prefers not to have to deal with any potential "quirks." So I grabbed the UVJFD rom and flashed via heimdall. No errors. Unplugged the USB and restarted the phone and it looked fine, but the battery was 14% so I plugged it in to charge. The phone shut off after a few seconds, then displayed the battery charging image that normally shows up - the empty battery with the circle on it that shows up while it is trying to determine how much charge there is. That image just keeps flashing on and off, it never shows the actual battery level. If I try to restart the phone, it boots but shuts off immediately after it gets to the home screen, then back to the battery screen. Same issue if I plug in directly to a wall outlet.

The issue only came up after I flashed back to stock. Here's the kicker: I bought a Galaxy S 4G a while back from eBay, it was flashed with a stock image before it was sent to me, and it had the exact same issue. I ended up getting rid of the phone after I swapped the screen out to fix the broken screen on the Vibrant, but I'm wondering if the issue is somehow related to flashing to a stock ROM?

Does anyone have any idea why I'm having this issue and what, if anything, I can do to fix it?

Edit: I meant to add, I have also tried the T959UVJI6 OTA update, again flashed via heimdall. It did not help.
15th July 2015, 08:54 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
Donate to Me
Hi. Any ideas? I'm stumped, and open to suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

boot issue, not charging, restarts when plugged in, vibrant

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread