Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 47,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9000 roms on vibrant?

Tip us?

epicboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default I9000 roms on vibrant?

Would it be possible to install an i9000 Rom and make an installable zip that has all necessary vibrant files instead of having to port the Rom on a pc?

nirogu325
Old
Thanks Meter 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicboy View Post
Would it be possible to install an i9000 Rom and make an installable zip that has all necessary vibrant files instead of having to port the Rom on a pc?
Sadly we have very little developers on board. Also, it is better to flash the proper ported ROM from the start because if not, file permission failure may happen among other issues such as Force Closes. I gave you the link on how to do it in another thread. It may seem complicated at first but it is not complicated if you, for example, by using 7Zip (or similar) on your PC take the required files from, say, sada's CyanogenMod ROM by opening its zip file with 7Zip and drag it to the .zip i9000 ROM you want to port. Just giving you a hint to make it easier for you. I managed to do it some weeks ago and I didn't know the how-to before.

epicboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirogu325 View Post
Sadly we have very little developers on board. Also, it is better to flash the proper ported ROM from the start because if not, file permission failure may happen among other issues such as Force Closes. I gave you the link on how to do it in another thread. It may seem complicated at first but it is not complicated if you, for example, by using 7Zip (or similar) on your PC take the required files from, say, sada's CyanogenMod ROM by opening its zip file with 7Zip and drag it to the .zip i9000 ROM you want to port. Just giving you a hint to make it easier for you. I managed to do it some weeks ago and I didn't know the how-to before.
The thing is I want to eliminate the PC from the equation. I like to download roms from my browser and would like to download a i9000 zip, install it with another zip. And boom. I9000 Rom on the vibrant. I will see if I can work on it and make it a reality.

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
The thing is I want to eliminate the PC from the equation. I like to download roms from my browser and would like to download a i9000 zip, install it with another zip. And boom. I9000 Rom on the vibrant. I will see if I can work on it and make it a reality.
that approach is time consuming to do on the phone takes at least a few minutes just to extract it and same goes for zipping everything back up. trust me I've done this before and never done it again. it would be best to do on a comp less likely to make a mistake
but if you're determined to do it on your phone go for it and good luck. what rom are you wanting to port over from the i9000?
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.2
KERNEL: Stock CM

epicboy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzee206 View Post
that approach is time consuming to do on the phone takes at least a few minutes just to extract it and same goes for zipping everything back up. trust me I've done this before and never done it again. it would be best to do on a comp less likely to make a mistake
but if you're determined to do it on your phone go for it and good luck. what rom are you wanting to port over from the i9000?
I'm determined to do it and have some knowledge of the android file system.
I wanted to try out nameless Rom.

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 504
Quote:
I'm determined to do it and have some knowledge of the android file system.
I wanted to try out nameless Rom.
ah nameless I haven't ran that in months but if I remember correctly you need to delete or swap the bootanimation. I forgot exactly why its needed but it seems to cause issues, not really sure but I think it causes the rom to end up in a bootloop...

Sent from my Half Baked Vibrant
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.2
KERNEL: Stock CM