FORUMS

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Where are the covers?

26th September 2014, 03:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I stopped by a local Game Stop last evening, and they had one of the official Shield Covers, so I "impulse buy" 'ed it.

It's nice, and along with an Apple Bluetooth mini keyboard, It makes a nice solution for note-taking/emailing/etc.

I also use it for gaming with an OTG cable, and a standard, wired controller. (See alternative controller thread.)

It is a nice, and functional cover, but frankly it is not worth the $40 just to say you have the "official" one. Something like this should cost less than half that.

I feel like I bought the cover, and additionally make a $20 - $25 donation to the "Suppport NVidia and GameStop charity".

26th September 2014, 09:25 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxslate

I stopped by a local Game Stop last evening, and they had one of the official Shield Covers, so I "impulse buy" 'ed it.

It's nice, and along with an Apple Bluetooth mini keyboard, It makes a nice solution for note-taking/emailing/etc.

I also use it for gaming with an OTG cable, and a standard, wired controller. (See alternative controller thread.)

It is a nice, and functional cover, but frankly it is not worth the $40 just to say you have the "official" one. Something like this should cost less than half that.

I feel like I bought the cover, and additionally make a $20 - $25 donation to the "Suppport NVidia and GameStop charity".

I agree, it's too much, but I can't find any cover anywhere that just snaps on. They all wrap around the back. There doesn't seem to be an alternative to the official one if you are looking for that.

I've had this tablet almost two months and I still can find this cover anywhere (in Canada). Great job Nvidia!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread