Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Where are the covers?

OP wifesabitch

26th September 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 32

201 posts
More
I stopped by a local Game Stop last evening, and they had one of the official Shield Covers, so I "impulse buy" 'ed it.

It's nice, and along with an Apple Bluetooth mini keyboard, It makes a nice solution for note-taking/emailing/etc.

I also use it for gaming with an OTG cable, and a standard, wired controller. (See alternative controller thread.)

It is a nice, and functional cover, but frankly it is not worth the $40 just to say you have the "official" one. Something like this should cost less than half that.

I feel like I bought the cover, and additionally make a $20 - $25 donation to the "Suppport NVidia and GameStop charity".

26th September 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 54

428 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxslate

I stopped by a local Game Stop last evening, and they had one of the official Shield Covers, so I "impulse buy" 'ed it.

It's nice, and along with an Apple Bluetooth mini keyboard, It makes a nice solution for note-taking/emailing/etc.

I also use it for gaming with an OTG cable, and a standard, wired controller. (See alternative controller thread.)

It is a nice, and functional cover, but frankly it is not worth the $40 just to say you have the "official" one. Something like this should cost less than half that.

I feel like I bought the cover, and additionally make a $20 - $25 donation to the "Suppport NVidia and GameStop charity".

I agree, it's too much, but I can't find any cover anywhere that just snaps on. They all wrap around the back. There doesn't seem to be an alternative to the official one if you are looking for that.

I've had this tablet almost two months and I still can find this cover anywhere (in Canada). Great job Nvidia!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread