Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0

The post Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0 appeared first on … more

Unlock Moto E 2015 Bootloader

more

Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” Summary

The post Best of Matias Duarte – “Ask Me Anything” … more

Any news on poetic cases?

OP DroidMahn

21st August 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Fresno
Thanks Meter: 18

96 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had a poetic case for my Nexus 7 and I love it. Any news in poetic offerings for the Shied Tablet?
21st August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 185

679 posts
More
Their eta is 15th September.
21st August 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

97 posts
More
Which poetic case are you referring too? I emailed them a few days ago and they responded saying they didn't have any plans for the flip case style (slimline), but only making a silicone skin case.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app
22nd August 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqkevyn

Which poetic case are you referring too? I emailed them a few days ago and they responded saying they didn't have any plans for the flip case style (slimline), but only making a silicone skin case.

Here are a couple I've found in my daily browsing, both the Turtle Series and Revolution series, though middle of next month to end of next month pending which one.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV9TYUK?psc=1 (Turtle)

and

http://www.amazon.com/Nvidia-Shield-...+tablet+rugged (Revolution)-Only in black atm.

Here's their main website link

http://www.poeticcases.com/nvidia-shield-tablet
Last edited by xyberknight; 22nd August 2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: addition
25th August 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dover
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
I ordered this one yesterday and it looks very much like the Poetic Slimline cases. I'll have to see how it works after it arrives, though, but the price is hard to beat and I like that it offers some drop protection for the corners.

Last edited by Narsil007; 25th August 2014 at 08:59 PM.
13th January 2015, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
More
I couldn't find a better thread, so I was hoping for assistance here. I just got the revolution case, but the screen protector on the inside has an oily sheen when it presses against the screen. Any suggestions on the best way to remove that after popping the tablet back out of the case? It is bad enough that it impacts the display quality significantly.

Thanks!
13th January 2015, 09:02 PM   |  #7  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 141

709 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomallin

I couldn't find a better thread, so I was hoping for assistance here. I just got the revolution case, but the screen protector on the inside has an oily sheen when it presses against the screen. Any suggestions on the best way to remove that after popping the tablet back out of the case? It is bad enough that it impacts the display quality significantly.

Thanks!

The screen protector is glued on to the inside of the front frame so you can heat it up with a blow dryer or a heat gun then pry it up at a corner and peel it back. Otherwise you can take a razor and just cut around the opening of the frame and it should do the trick.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
13th January 2015, 10:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
More
Oh! I'm sorry, I was not specific enough. I was hoping to clear off the oily sheen effect, not actually removing the screen protector. Thank you though for those steps.
14th January 2015, 06:23 AM   |  #9  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 141

709 posts
pretty sure the sheen is the screen protector material itself and not some kind of coating. The oldschool ballistic cases used to do this and one of the possible solutions was to sprinkle some baby powder on it to prevent it from sticking.
The Following User Says Thank You to lacrossev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 09:23 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 19

111 posts
A trick that worked for the Otterbox on my wife's Galaxy S3 might work here as well:

First clean the display and the inside of the screen protector. Get some baby powder and while leaving the top closed shake up the container to get the powder into a fine dust inside. Take the screen protector and hold it above the shaken baby powder bottle(?), open the top of the powder and squeeze the bottle so a powder cloud comes out and slightly dusts the inside of the screen protector.

Put the case back together and hopefully the oily film is gone. Clean/Repeat as necessary.

There are videos on YouTube showing this solution. Some use the powder on the device, I think it's wiser to do it on the case/screen protector.

Last edited by An Droid; 14th January 2015 at 09:25 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to An Droid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread