Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ProCase SlimSnug Case

Tip us?

Jaybenosa
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Just ordered a red 1!! Thanks everyone

aznmode
Old
(Last edited by aznmode; 11th September 2014 at 04:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybenosa View Post
Ok Thanks for the quick reply. I'm debating if I should order this case as well as the controller or order the official cover
I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Don't forget to give thanks if I've helped you in anyway...
The Following User Says Thank You to aznmode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jaybenosa
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was using a wired Xbox controller using an otg cable. It works but it drains the tablet fast as its powering the controller. I just ordered the shield controller with the red case and a mini HDMI adapter

menendez1293
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Yeah, I was using a wired Xbox controller using an otg cable. It works but it drains the tablet fast as its powering the controller. I just ordered the shield controller with the red case and a mini HDMI adapter
Very nice, So far I am loving my shield. I have the red case and it's been great. I can't complain at all for the price.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Jaybenosa
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Very nice, So far I am loving my shield. I have the red case and it's been great. I can't complain at all for the price.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
Can you post a pic of the red case? It looks a little pinkish on the website

menendez1293
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Can you post a pic of the red case? It looks a little pinkish on the website
Here you go, took the pictures quickly with my M8 but it's not pinkish, it's red in my opinion.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410490169486.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410490169486.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  114.4 KB

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1410490182750.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (126.8 KB, 26 views)

jimmyhauser
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I have the Fintie case that is just like this. Something I noticed, is that when I close the cover over the screen, very often, the cover will actually result in a touch somewhere on the screen, opening an app if it happened to touch an icon. Has anyone with the case in this post notice that? I wonder why the Fintie case is actually interacting with the screen, or if my particular shield just has an overly sensitive digitizer.