Thanks Meter: 20

162 posts
Just ordered a red 1!! Thanks everyone
11th September 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 780

4,122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybenosa

Ok Thanks for the quick reply. I'm debating if I should order this case as well as the controller or order the official cover

I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Last edited by aznmode; 11th September 2014 at 04:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aznmode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th September 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #23  

162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode

I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was using a wired Xbox controller using an otg cable. It works but it drains the tablet fast as its powering the controller. I just ordered the shield controller with the red case and a mini HDMI adapter
11th September 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
Quote:

Yeah, I was using a wired Xbox controller using an otg cable. It works but it drains the tablet fast as its powering the controller. I just ordered the shield controller with the red case and a mini HDMI adapter

Very nice, So far I am loving my shield. I have the red case and it's been great. I can't complain at all for the price.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
12th September 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #25  

162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293

Very nice, So far I am loving my shield. I have the red case and it's been great. I can't complain at all for the price.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of the red case? It looks a little pinkish on the website
12th September 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
Quote:

Can you post a pic of the red case? It looks a little pinkish on the website

Here you go, took the pictures quickly with my M8 but it's not pinkish, it's red in my opinion.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410490169486.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  114.4 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1410490169486.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  114.4 KB

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1410490182750.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (126.8 KB, 51 views)
14th September 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 11

77 posts
More
I have the Fintie case that is just like this. Something I noticed, is that when I close the cover over the screen, very often, the cover will actually result in a touch somewhere on the screen, opening an app if it happened to touch an icon. Has anyone with the case in this post notice that? I wonder why the Fintie case is actually interacting with the screen, or if my particular shield just has an overly sensitive digitizer.
25th September 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I noticed in the picture the in the inside of the case on the edge there looks like to be the magnetic metal or something as anybody notice any scratching on the glass? I notice the Fintie does not have the exposed metal strip.
25th September 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 44

168 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodyus

I noticed in the picture the in the inside of the case on the edge there looks like to be the magnetic metal or something as anybody notice any scratching on the glass? I notice the Fintie does not have the exposed metal strip.

No scratching whatsoever on my tablet. The way the case is made means the metal part of the clasp sits elevated about 1mm from the screen by the hard case body.

I see zero risk of scratching if you close the case by flipping the cover to the magnetic area on the case body. I've even slid the cover over the screen lightly with no adverse affects.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread