FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

ProCase SlimSnug Case

240 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th May 2015, 04:57 AM |#41  
Flag Elgin
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmorgs

So I've tried three cases now:

ProCase

Poetic Revolution
Poetic Turtle Skin

I stopped using the ProCase because I think it put a scratch on the screen.

I had two Poetic Revolution cases fail on me (the kickstand lugs are flimsy and break).

I got a Poetic Turtle Skin as a replacement after the second Revolution, and it is the best of the bunch.

Yep, it's true it doesn't have a stand built in (unless you want to sacrifice your stylus as a kickstand, which I don't want to risk). But the bumper case uses the same rubberized material as the old Poetic Commuter cases did. That means it's extra grippy, which means you can rest it on a pillow on your lap, and it doesn't slide off.

If you also have a hardware keyboard with a stand (like the Logitech Tablet Keyboard), you really don't need the built-in stand.

I would only recommend the ProCase if you really have your heart set on the magnetic screen close feature. The folio cover is not rigid enough to allow the tablet to stand on an unstable surface in landscape.

Is the Procase good at protecting the tablet?

16th May 2015, 05:36 AM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambaz2

Is the Procase good at protecting the tablet?

It does offer good protection.
18th June 2015, 02:55 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Got mine recently. First thought was that it looked a bit cheaply built, but on the other hand, with that price I couldn't expect too much of course.

Second thing I noticed was that the kickstand bit is a bit shaky. I was pretty used to the way my old iPad2 worked, but this case connects the cover differently and it doesn't really feel strong. But if it's on a table, it does keep the tablet up, so it does work. But I think it will easily disconnect the magnet it I'd use it heavily in that positition.

All in all, not a bad purchase and it saved me some money, since the original case is rather expensive. Too bad this case is only available on Amazon, which isn't the easiest place to buy stuff on for someone from the Netherlands, most of us don't own creditcards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread