Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][4.4.4] AICP For Shield Tablet (WiFI Only) (wx_na_wf) [8/28/14]

OP joshuabg

Announcement from joshuabg: AICP for Shield Tablet (WiFi Only) is working!
4th September 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #71  
MRobbo80's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yeovil
Thanks Meter: 95
 
590 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
I used this version of gapps pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140901-signed
4th September 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #72  
minieod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cambridge, MA
Thanks Meter: 372
 
1,467 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRobbo80

I used this version of gapps pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140901-signed

and you are not having problems with FC or lock screen?
7th September 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #73  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
I've got this ROM loaded up and running and its almost great lol! It's very fast, any lag that was there with stock ROM is gone. The battery is much better while asleep, my tab lost hardly any battery overnight whereas with stock it would drain like 4-5%/hr even with almost everything greenified (nothing greenified so far on this ROM because I wanted a good comparison point). I've had no FC of any apps last night or today and I used the PA gapps mentioned in post #71. My only issue is the lock screen becomes unresponsive after a while and I have to reboot. Hopefully we can get this worked out and have a great ROM! Thanks for the hard work dev!
7th September 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #74  
joshuabg's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 480
 
1,290 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosting1bar

I've got this ROM loaded up and running and its almost great lol! It's very fast, any lag that was there with stock ROM is gone. The battery is much better while asleep, my tab lost hardly any battery overnight whereas with stock it would drain like 4-5%/hr even with almost everything greenified (nothing greenified so far on this ROM because I wanted a good comparison point). I've had no FC of any apps last night or today and I used the PA gapps mentioned in post #71. My only issue is the lock screen becomes unresponsive after a while and I have to reboot. Hopefully we can get this worked out and have a great ROM! Thanks for the hard work dev!

You might be able to fix unresponsive lockscreen by add a different cpu governor. In the future I might make a kernel for this rom that has the SmartAssV2 governor
7th September 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
160 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

You might be able to fix unresponsive lockscreen by add a different cpu governor. In the future I might make a kernel for this rom that has the SmartAssV2 governor

I use smartass on my G3 and it works great. I'll have to look at what options there are on this. Thanks again for your work!
19th September 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #76  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Do you guys still want more testers for this ?

Sent from my Shield
19th September 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #77  
dukehazard77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
111 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Would really love to know if direct stylus support and apps could be added to this
23rd September 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #78  
xXsquirr3lsXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukehazard77

Would really love to know if direct stylus support and apps could be added to this

Same. Im not getting any roms unless they can offer the stock nvidia apps (controller support, directstylus, etc.)
23rd September 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #79  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuabg

You might be able to fix unresponsive lockscreen by add a different cpu governor. In the future I might make a kernel for this rom that has the SmartAssV2 governor

I fixed the screen issue by uninstalling the launcher that came with the rom. I can't get the cpu gov in settings to work properly and am still having some issues with apps crashing.

Edit: correction. That is NOT working for this rom. It IS working for AICP rom.

Sent from my Shield
Last edited by Wulfpk; 23rd September 2014 at 06:47 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes