Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Battery Drain while on charger

OP Spiteful Monkey

10th September 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

54 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funb0b

Not so much.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It wasn't looking good when I was testing it against other devices for max amp pull either. I think the stock charger isn't the best. At least it keeps with my findings. Now to see about getting consistent charge amperage. 1.1 at times is far below what it should be.
10th September 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #32  
Flag Pyongyang
Thanks Meter: 111

361 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiteful Monkey

I never once posted or said it was drawing more then 2 amps. The Nvidia converter box isn't that great either. I was simply stating that better quality parts netted a better result for me. Shortly after, I started to notice the amperage draw inconstancy. At first I thought it might be heat related until I did some more testing using a infrared thermometer on the back of the unit during charge and charge with use. The temps played no part in the amp draw from my findings on my tablet.

I think this is both a software and hardware issue. If you have testing results that differ from mine, please feel free to share. The purpose of this threads was to get info from everyone.

Here it is over there https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...roid-games/15/

Oh, sorry, I must've understood you wrong in your first post. I thought you meant by switching to a more expensive cable you were able to draw over 2A. My bad.

Your findings are more than interesting! Thanks! Hopefully Nvidia get this fixed ASAP. The more I read about the device, the more I don't regret sending it back. It was a nice device, but it reminded me too much of the nexus 10 and all its problems.
Last edited by IRKONIK; 10th September 2014 at 03:10 PM.
12th September 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 10

174 posts
I bought this tablet few weeks ago. Last night i put it to charger at 87% after I woke up, and looked at my tablet, it was at 77% at as hot as hell... about 70+ degrees celcius hot... i burned my hand almost. then i took the charger (stock) out and remover the usb cable (stock) from it, the plug was around 60 degrees... almost as hot as my tablet. so I turned the thing off and plugged in to another wall, now with power off, it is not hot anymore.

The battery has been so weak, i can play Brave Frontier with my iPad Mini about 8 hours, with this Nvidia Shield, around 2h and the tablet is while playing so hot ( ~60-70C), that the cover must be on the back so i can touch it. Is that normal? My phone (Z2) runs very hot (~65C) while playing this same game, but not on my old Note 2, that was cool as ice.. If i want to stream and play anything, it must be connected to a charger, then i can stream whole day, battery will last, if charging, a whole day! (It will ran out at somepoint, was at 43% from 100% after 5h of streaming live to twitch while charging) WOW! NICE NVIDIA!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread