Post Reply

FYI - Nvidia Shield Tablet LTE Phone Calling IS supported...

OP jdmadonna

10th February 2015, 12:20 PM   |  #61  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Here is what I tested:

I have the European LTE version of the shield and am using a data/voice compatible SIM that I tested in another Android phone before. Data on the stock ROM worked too.

1. I have installed the wx_un_mo 1.2 OTA:
The phone app was there, though when I try to call I loose network for a short moment and just get an error message.

2. I've downloaded the NVidia sources (for Android 5.0.1) and compiled them with wx_un_mo set as target version:
I've got the phone app again, but same thing as before happened. If I try to call, I loose my connection.

I think we need to modify the baseband to enable phone calling (and other LTE bands), but I have no Idea how that would be done.

Data connections did work in every case, though I could only test 3G as the pre-paid card that I use does not support LTE.
10th February 2015, 08:43 PM   |  #62  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiodes

Here is what I tested:

I have the European LTE version of the shield and am using a data/voice compatible SIM that I tested in another Android phone before. Data on the stock ROM worked too.

1. I have installed the wx_un_mo 1.2 OTA:
The phone app was there, though when I try to call I loose network for a short moment and just get an error message.

2. I've downloaded the NVidia sources (for Android 5.0.1) and compiled them with wx_un_mo set as target version:
I've got the phone app again, but same thing as before happened. If I try to call, I loose my connection.

I think we need to modify the baseband to enable phone calling (and other LTE bands), but I have no Idea how that would be done.

Data connections did work in every case, though I could only test 3G as the pre-paid card that I use does not support LTE.

Same here... In my case, after compiling 2.1, Camera didn't work either...
24th February 2015, 12:09 PM   |  #63  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,991
 
967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
I just want to point out it looks as if Nvidia has implemented voice calling with the latest update, so if our devices modem hardware supports voice calling then it just needs activated at by software.
Nvidias Awesome!
24th February 2015, 03:47 PM   |  #64  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156

I just want to point out it looks as if Nvidia has implemented voice calling with the latest update, so if our devices modem hardware supports voice calling then it just needs activated at by software.
Nvidias Awesome!

Where did you see this? I can only send and receive SMS messages, no voice calling option...
24th February 2015, 03:49 PM   |  #65  
Shaky156's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,991
 
967 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj3hulk

Where did you see this? I can only send and receive SMS messages, no voice calling option...

Check whats under your /system/vendor/firmware/icera
24th February 2015, 03:57 PM   |  #66  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaky156

Check whats under your /system/vendor/firmware/icera

There is another folder with the same files... Which one of these is related to voice calling?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-02-24-15-54-49.png
Views:	358
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	3181868  
26th February 2015, 01:07 PM   |  #67  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberic000

And doesn't have an amoled screen

I know, this is the best feature! No burn-in to ruin things.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes