View Poll Results: DRAWING TABLET SHOWDOWN !
Samsung Galaxy NOTE 8.0 1 50.00%
Nvidia SHIELD TAB 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Help a newbie out !

OP benshannon

1st September 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

26 posts
Well, I've been drawing for a long time on pc with a wacom and would like to go portable. Before the announcement of Shield I was going for a Galaxy Note 8 but since this is cheaper and better in performance-wise, Would you recommend for drawing ?

I mean could it replace my wooden pen and paper sketchbook on the go?

I've done my share and read a bit and found out wifi and cracks issue which doesn't bother me since my main purpose is drawing.

Which would you recommend for drawing ?
Note 8 VS SHIELD TAB
Last edited by benshannon; 1st September 2014 at 12:52 PM. Reason: grammer mistakes
1st September 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

42 posts
More
You have to ask yourself if you want to learn a new way to draw with a stylus. Pressure Sensivity is achieved on an other way then with the "normal" digitser stylus. Reminds me more to draw with an knife sharpened Pencil then with something where you only have to press harder to get thicker lines

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Thumbs down
Very frustrating. I tried to post a link of a picture I made using Nvidia dabbler but I'm too new.
1st September 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

60 posts
The Galaxy Note 8 will be much more accurate in drawing that the Shield tablet since it uses Wacom tech to power the stylus.
1st September 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

42 posts
More
l wouldn't be to sure about acuracy It's really a skill to work with this stylus , you can train that. Owned a Galaxy Note Tab 10.1 Edition 2014. For handwriting in the beginning the better choice , but I think you would get nearly the same quality with an Direct Stylus optimized writing / office app.
l mean sometimes I'm wishing it wouldn't be so accurate , so you wouldn't notice my bad handwriting.
Just played around with an drawing App (Art Flow). You maybe can see that you can have very detailed structures and lines.
That's only achieved by turning the stylus while drawing. No extra pressure needed.
But you really have to try this. Maybe you have an friend whitch can lent you the Shield Tablet for a try or go to a store and test this.
The main thing to improve is the palm recognition. But it also seems to depend on the implementation in the App.
Really like the stylus more and more, even for writing.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409603316274.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (25.8 KB, 45 views)
Last edited by Hudrator; 1st September 2014 at 09:46 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
drawing, note 8, shield tablet, stylus
Previous Thread Next Thread