Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 44,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 9 to run Tegra K1

Tip us?

mejdam
Old
(Last edited by mejdam; 29th August 2014 at 10:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Nexus 9 to run Tegra K1

https://bgr.com/2014/08/27/nexus-9-s...idia-tegra-k1/

I recently started to notice a crack on the corner of my shield tablet and im still within my return time for gamestop. If my issues were Wifi only i dont think i would be worried especially with that recent update that seems to have addressed most of my issues but these cracks are a hit and miss not to mention it will totally kill resell value.

funb0b
Old
Thanks Meter 78
But one of the best things about the Shield is the controller, which i doubt would be supported but I know what you mean.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top
Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

mejdam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by funb0b View Post
But one of the best things about the Shield is the controller, which i doubt would be supported but I know what you mean.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
i was lucky enough to grab two nvidia shield controllers from amazon before they ran out.

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 777
I think 64bit apps will take time to mature so I don't see the benefit of it now. Plus most nexus won't have expandable storage and that to me is more important as I will be using the tablet for a lot of gaming and need as much storage as I can add. After all that is why I bought the shield tablet.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Don't forget to give thanks if I've helped you in anyway...

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
https://bgr.com/2014/08/27/nexus-9-s...idia-tegra-k1/

I recently started to notice a crack on the corner of my shield tablet and im still within my return time for gamestop. but these cracks are a hit and miss will totally kill resell value.
This!

I contacted Nvidia Customer support and they agreed that the corner cracks are a legitimate problem. They offered to replace my device now, or in the near future, after corrective action has been implemented. I chose the later.

Instead of returning your device to GameStop, have you considered contacting Nvidia directly, and getting a replacement unit?

MRobbo80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
This!

I contacted Nvidia Customer support and they agreed that the corner cracks are a legitimate problem. They offered to replace my device now, or in the near future, after corrective action has been implemented. I chose the later.

Instead of returning your device to GameStop, have you considered contacting Nvidia directly, and getting a replacement unit?
Read this okay let's say you have a small spider web crack you send back to nvidia for a replacement and you receive a brand new updated version resale would not be effected! if any thing you can get more money for the tablet because its not second hand etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to MRobbo80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mejdam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam30era View Post
This!

I have considered that, but until i know the cracking issue has been corrected i dont want a newer device. I dont want this to be another xbox 360 RROD were i had to replace my device 4 times in one year because they hadnt corrected the real issue. it was a real hassle being without our device for many weeks. Wondering if its even worth it or maybe i should just return it, get credit and purchase the nexus 9. The only thing thats holding me back is nexus devices dont normally have microsd slots, nvidia exclusive games and the nvdia controller is awesome.

cam30era
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
I have considered that, but until i know the cracking issue has been corrected i dont want a newer device. I dont want this to be another xbox 360 RROD were i had to replace my device 4 times in one year because they hadnt corrected the real issue. it was a real hassle being without our device for many weeks. Wondering if its even worth it or maybe i should just return it, get credit and purchase the nexus 9. The only thing thats holding me back is nexus devices dont normally have microsd slots, nvidia exclusive games and the nvdia controller is awesome.
I contacted Nvidia about replacing my Shield Tablet because of a recently developing hairline crack on one corner. Following is their response:

"At this time we are still investigating the root cause of the hairline cracks.

If you wish an immediate replacement we will accommodate you but please be aware that there may be a small chance that your replacement unit may also crack. Otherwise, you can wait until we better understand and mitigate the underlying issue. As this is cosmetic there should be no impact on performance or functionality.

Please reply and let us know which option you would prefer. If you choose to wait, we will contact you when we believe we have a definitive fix."

NZtechfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 932
I have no regrets about getting the Shield Tablet. I'd like the 64-bit one because emulator performance will be improved, however no SD slot effectively means the Shield Tablet will be the best tablet for me for quite some time yet (and I appreciate a lot of other stuff like the controller and stylus too).
Twitter: @nztechfreak
Blogs: androidnz.net, blog.clove.co.uk
Facebook: http://goo.gl/baZHQ

The Following User Says Thank You to NZtechfreak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]