NVIDIA Shield Tablet - Battery Results

15th August 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #11  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 7

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil316

Yup 9 hours it's been like this since I got it. I will be exchanging it.

Tapatalk

The problem most likely is the charger, some have reported the same on the nvidia fórum and an alternative charger solved the issue, if you can try another charger and it solves your issue just ask for a new one from nvidia directy. Will Save you the bother of setting UP a new tablet and possible new issues with the new one.
Last edited by ISilva_PT; 15th August 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: missing word
22nd August 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 22

104 posts
This thing held up for six hours straight of reading Manga (downloaded in advance). It's actually been about another hour since then of browsing and stuff and it's still at 28 percent. Man, I had my concerns at first but this has me decently surprised as to battery life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-22_01-10-07.png
Views:	186
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	2907350  
The Following User Says Thank You to chaosking121 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #13  
Flag Yeovil
Thanks Meter: 61

302 posts
More
Battery life is great! I'm not much of a gamer, I got this tablet because of the specs (Powerful) and am really happy, my only grumble is there's a little yellow in the whites not sure if a ota is going to fix this issue but if I have to live with it then I really don't mind, I had the nexus 7 flo, The touch screen was horrible at first but it was fixed first by a dev then a little while after that google fixed it with updates. I would highly recommend this tablet even if you are not much of a gamer! Its a great all round tablet with nvidia behind it makes me happy already have had a ota out of the box fixing a few issues and soon will be upgraded to android L a few weeks after android release it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MRobbo80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISilva_PT

The problem most likely is the charger, some have reported the same on the nvidia fórum and an alternative charger solved the issue, if you can try another charger and it solves your issue just ask for a new one from nvidia directy. Will Save you the bother of setting UP a new tablet and possible new issues with the new one.

I really appreciate you took the time to give the time of reading manga and how long it can last, you se i am otaku, so thanks.

PS: Manga is not using so much power so if you could change to maybe powersaver you could maybe get alot more battery- juice out of it.
23rd August 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRobbo80

Battery life is great! I'm not much of a gamer, I got this tablet because of the specs (Powerful) and am really happy, my only grumble is there's a little yellow in the whites not sure if a ota is going to fix this issue but if I have to live with it then I really don't mind, I had the nexus 7 flo, The touch screen was horrible at first but it was fixed first by a dev then a little while after that google fixed it with updates. I would highly recommend this tablet even if you are not much of a gamer! Its a great all round tablet with nvidia behind it makes me happy already have had a ota out of the box fixing a few issues and soon will be upgraded to android L a few weeks after android release it.

Yu just made my my day, if its getting "Android (FREAKING) L" i surley need to get this bad boy, btw thanks for the heads up.
25th August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #16  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 3

123 posts
More
The battery is ok so far. Some games are more demanding than others. Hungry Shark Evolution drains the battery in less than 2 hours with the screen at 70% here.

For everyday use i'm very pleased.

MRobbo80: Try to change the screen setting from sRGB to native. Helped with the yellowing whites here.
26th August 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 278

3,125 posts
Hungry Shark Evolution?

That game drained it in two hours? That game should not have got the cpu and K1 even thinking of working hard. That seems Charles Barkley level 'turrible'.

That does not extrapolate well for gaming in general. I was more focused on the wifi and did not bother with games after seeing the wifi truly was very weak compared to my Air and Note 2014.

Added. Also way weaker than my Shield portable.
Last edited by rushless; 26th August 2014 at 02:59 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread