Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nvidia Shield Tablet with XBMC

Tip us?

mejdam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default Nvidia Shield Tablet with XBMC

Got XBMC installed on my nvidia shield tablet but does anyone know if there is a way to get DTS or Dobly Digital bypass to work?

Francky_B
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejdam View Post
Got XBMC installed on my nvidia shield tablet but does anyone know if there is a way to get DTS or Dobly Digital bypass to work?
I too hope someone has a solution for this, I was really pissed off when I realize that the tablet could only output Stereo.

Why make a tablet that can double as a Console/Media Station and not support DTS or Surround.

shepo71
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky_B View Post
I too hope someone has a solution for this, I was really pissed off when I realize that the tablet could only output Stereo.

Why make a tablet that can double as a Console/Media Station and not support DTS or Surround.
i was thinking about getting one, but if it cannot do DTS, then there is no hope for DTS-HD then

colman1982
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Streaming to plex gives also only stereo out. Very bad.

demo23019
Old
(Last edited by demo23019; 11th September 2014 at 02:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 612
This is typical with nvidia its same when using hdmi on their desktop GPU's

Just search online nvidia HDMI 2 channel

Might want to bring it up on their forum

https://forums.geforce.com/default/b...shield-tablet/

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium
HTC Hermes
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Nexus One
Samsung Vibrant

http://i.imgur.com/hxgQgq6.png

huckjam
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Ahhh for real I just got a shield tablet lastnight and im running XBMCHUB install right now so I didnt get a chance to try it yet. But I cant believ this wont be fixed soon even ouya updated to allow passthru a few OTA's ago and nvidia is sooooooo much more capable then ouya. Ill keep my fingers crossed, otherwise im loving this tablet. But my favorite part of a new device is always the initial setup/tryout phase I think I have more fun optimizing and solving problems then I do actually using these things.

Francky_B
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tried brining this up on the forum, but a lot of people defended Nvidia saying it was the App developers fault?!

Saying the fault lied with Netflix, Plex and others. Even though these apps work fine on other devices...

One person claims he was able to get it to work with MX Player.
I have a hard time believe that, as I've also tried MX Player, with AC 3 and DTS file, none of them worked.

Could there be some truth to this? If the Tablet manufacturer decided to cheap out an not included hardware decoding for AC 3 and DTS, could Software manufacturer patch it in software?

Though, since I paid 300$ for the damn tablet, I don't see why it would be up to every damn app manufacturer to have to pay for the DTS and AC 3 license and could see why they would never do...

Perhaps if my tablet is rooted, I could install something to cheat this...

mejdam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky_B View Post
I tried brining this up on the forum, but a lot of people defended Nvidia saying it was the App developers fault?!

Saying the fault lied with Netflix, Plex and others. Even though these apps work fine on other devices...

One person claims he was able to get it to work with MX Player.
I have a hard time believe that, as I've also tried MX Player, with AC 3 and DTS file, none of them worked.

Could there be some truth to this? If the Tablet manufacturer decided to cheap out an not included hardware decoding for AC 3 and DTS, could Software manufacturer patch it in software?

Though, since I paid 300$ for the damn tablet, I don't see why it would be up to every damn app manufacturer to have to pay for the DTS and AC 3 license and could see why they would never do...

Perhaps if my tablet is rooted, I could install something to cheat this...
i dont belive there is, i belive its a license the nvidia may not want to pay.