FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Portable Gaming and the Shield Tablet. Lets discuss options

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By John6670, Member on 23rd August 2014, 03:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th August 2014, 09:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I can see your point about controller popularity. It also seems a little silly to attach the two, considering that's kinda what the Shield Portable is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio79

Hi,

Thanks! Yeah the naming is tricky. Utor is a latin word meaning "to fetch / to enjoy", and I kind a liked it. Otherwise, yes UtorCase is more of a bracket.

I have some requests for the Shield Controller, so I am currently looking at it. I would like to see the Shield controller getting some traction, but given the Shield tablet is compatible with PS4 and X1 or X360 controllers I am unsure that will happen.

31st August 2014, 07:49 PM |#12  
Flag Olomouc
Thanks Meter: 3

More
IPEGA PG 9023 - deadzones for the analog sticks tests are my videos
- no problem for me ,I prefer D-Pad + touch mouse pointer on my tablet Toshiba Encore with Windows 8.1 32bit

if I can still here a small sample of gaming:
according to me better than NVidia shield? None streaming and long battery life

NFS: Most Wanted, NHL 09:

Soldier of Fortune 2:
4th September 2014, 03:31 PM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
here is a video from nielo, reviewing the Ipega9023

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCO7pK-uvts
Last edited by John6670; 4th September 2014 at 03:45 PM.
25th November 2014, 01:36 AM |#14  
Flag Metairie LA
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I soldered on a ps3 Six axis joystick replacing the right stick. The dead zone dissapeared, but the fitmware was written to work around the shoddu sticks. The usability has improved somewhat but the acceleration is way off. Looks like there isn't an easy way to make the ipega useable for fps play.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416879096794.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	3032723   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416879115148.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	3032724   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416879149649.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	3032725   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416879159707.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	3032726  
31st May 2015, 11:35 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey,

UtorCase now has a pretty sweet "over the controller" version. Check it out
https://www.shapeways.com/product/QTKWBW72G
1st June 2015, 10:39 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I own both the ipega and the sixaxis. The analog dead zone issue for the ipega is very noticeable, driving games and FPS are a pain.. Things like 3rd person shooters are more playable but is very difficult to aim precicely.. Dpad is decent but unusable with beat em ups. Also i can't play any GRID game with ipega connected, maybe is a bluetooth-wifi issue. The sixaxis works great, to connect via cable and without root I use sixaxis enabler, the only problem I found is some dpad issue on grid games, it seems to work in menu but not in games (like switching weapons)
Last edited by jnnar; 1st June 2015 at 05:11 PM.
1st June 2015, 11:05 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnar

I own both the ipega and the sixaxis. The analog dead zone issue for the ipega is very noticeable, driving games and FPS are a pain.. Things like 3rd person shooters are more playable but is very difficult to aim precicely.. Dpad is decent but unusable with beat em ups. Also i can't play any GRID game with ipega connected, maybe is a bluetooth-wifi issue. The sixaxis works great, to connect via cable and without root I use sixaxis enabler, the only problem I found is some dpad issue on grid games, it seems to work in menu but not in games (like switching weapons)

Odd I've been playing grid since day one with my ipega.... Picked it right up and ran (played dead island) my router fails the big one so I didn't get far. But it did work.....
2nd June 2015, 10:38 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahnoble

Odd I've been playing grid since day one with my ipega.... Picked it right up and ran (played dead island) my router fails the big one so I didn't get far. But it did work.....

I can run the GRID app with the ipega on, and start every game, but is totally unplayable (lag-stuttering-freeze-force close of the app). I started to blame the ipega the first time i tried the ps3 controller. Also i have a FTTH 100mbps connection so it should works very good (and it does without the ipega)
Last edited by jnnar; 2nd June 2015 at 03:52 PM.
10th July 2015, 05:37 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnar

I can run the GRID app with the ipega on, and start every game, but is totally unplayable (lag-stuttering-freeze-force close of the app). I started to blame the ipega the first time i tried the ps3 controller. Also i have a FTTH 100mbps connection so it should works very good (and it does without the ipega)

Is your router using the 2.4ghz band? Maybe the iPega bluetooth signal is interfering with the shield signal - try using the 5ghz if available. I'll try to run some tests myself, as soon as I get back my GTX970 from the RMA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread