Is it worth it?

OP aamir123

24th September 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #61  
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesabitch

I have zero interest in gaming, I just don't think there is a better 8" tablet available at any price.

Hell Yeah.. I totally agree. I use this tab to multi-task and even on 2 cores @50% power it still rawks! Now I just wish that the multi-screen/multi-window or split screen apps become useable so I put this thing to the test! But I'm sure it'll be no problem..
24th September 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #62  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125

902 posts
You can get split screen with xposed few. Also I'm not sure the cpu and core limit works, I think I remember seeing a mention of nvidia admitting it in their forums

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aamir123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #63  
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamir123

You can get split screen with xposed few. Also I'm not sure the cpu and core limit works, I think I remember seeing a mention of nvidia admitting it in their forums

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Free mobile app

I just want a version of Android with it built in!!

yeah, I think read that too. I'm hoping mine actually works
5th October 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #64  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 143

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesabitch

I have zero interest in gaming, I just don't think there is a better 8" tablet available at any price.

I'd dare say Samsung has made a better 8" tablet in their latest Galaxy Tab S and the earlier, strangely discontinued Tab Pro, both of which have 8.4 inch screens. Speaking of multi windowing, yeah it has that. There is no multi window solution for "stock android" that works yet, even with honorable xposed attempts taken into consideration. L

Shameless plug aside, I have a Shield and am happy to report that I haven't seen a single issue with the device proper, no cracks, not even any battery issues... although, admittedly, I find that tough to gauge.

Edit: Well THAT was a short honeymoon with the tablet. I never even bothered typing out a message on it here to check...
Last edited by primetechv2; 8th October 2014 at 05:39 AM. Reason: 4
8th October 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 307

3,212 posts
I respectfully found the Shield tablet to be inferior to my Shield 1. The wifi is much weaker, it runs hotter and the battery life is less than half when gaming.

The only thing they have in common is both have poor firmware updates.
Last edited by rushless; 8th October 2014 at 08:39 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread