[Q] 4k video

OP wesnot

26th August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all ,

Has anyone tried to play 4k videos?

The videos them self play just fine but , when I check the resolution in both console and mirror mode, my tv says it 1080 .

The spec do list 4k ready.
29th August 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 165

646 posts
More
Hi,
the latest versions of VLC are able to play with no issues 4k contents, you can get the nightly builds directly from here: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/

Otherwise the new version MX Player Pro v1.7.31 supports now the K1 natively but it crash often, I tested it.

As far as I see some video are played directly smoothly with the built-in player.
29th August 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 72

321 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

Hi,
the latest versions of VLC are able to play with no issues 4k contents, you can get the nightly builds directly from here: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/

Otherwise the new version MX Player Pro v1.7.31 supports now the K1 natively but it crash often, I tested it.

As far as I see some video are played directly smoothly with the built-in player.

it plays 4k video but does it display in 4k? i have a sieki 65 4k tv and when i connect my shield tablet to the TV it says 1080p 60hz when i press display button on my tv, this is outside of any video player. I know it can play the some samsung 4k sample clips i have but its not true 4k since it crops some of the video.
Last edited by mejdam; 29th August 2014 at 07:02 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread