Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,283 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4k video

Tip us?

wesnot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4k video

Hi all ,

Has anyone tried to play 4k videos?

The videos them self play just fine but , when I check the resolution in both console and mirror mode, my tv says it 1080 .

The spec do list 4k ready.

sev7en
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Hi,
the latest versions of VLC are able to play with no issues 4k contents, you can get the nightly builds directly from here: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/

Otherwise the new version MX Player Pro v1.7.31 supports now the K1 natively but it crash often, I tested it.

As far as I see some video are played directly smoothly with the built-in player.
my Devices...
BlackBerry Z30 / Sharp Aquos Zeta SH-04F / Sony Ultra Z
BlackBerry PlayBook / Nexus 7 / iPad 4

mejdam
Old
(Last edited by mejdam; 29th August 2014 at 06:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en View Post
Hi,
the latest versions of VLC are able to play with no issues 4k contents, you can get the nightly builds directly from here: http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/

Otherwise the new version MX Player Pro v1.7.31 supports now the K1 natively but it crash often, I tested it.

As far as I see some video are played directly smoothly with the built-in player.
it plays 4k video but does it display in 4k? i have a sieki 65 4k tv and when i connect my shield tablet to the TV it says 1080p 60hz when i press display button on my tv, this is outside of any video player. I know it can play the some samsung 4k sample clips i have but its not true 4k since it crops some of the video.