XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Adb in recovery

Tip us?

MRobbo80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithn View Post
Is anyone else having issues while in recovery? I am running CWM and I can't see my tablet properly. Windows tells me it can't identify the device and when I try to make it use nvidias drivet (or any driver) it tells me it's not compatible and something about it not being 64bit even though there are x64 drivers available. Works perfect everywhere else, just looking to see if anyone else has dealt with that.

Sent from my One M8
I am having same issue

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote:
I can't even get the menu to pop up. On stock it's just vol + and power and then you can see the menus and select adb sideload etc. On my compiled one it just sits at the No Command screen even after pressing those buttons, and it shows up as the same thing in my PC as CWM did.
I have same issue but have a boot loop so I am bricked at the moment

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Okay now when I also enter recovery mode I have a blank screen can not boot into the system because of a boot loop, does anyone have any surgestions ?????????

Keithn
Old
(Last edited by Keithn; 23rd August 2014 at 03:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRobbo80 View Post
I am having same issue

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

I have same issue but have a boot loop so I am bricked at the moment

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Okay now when I also enter recovery mode I have a blank screen can not boot into the system because of a boot loop, does anyone have any surgestions ?????????
go into fastboot and flash a recovery then boot into recovery

Just tested stock recovery and the device doesn't even show as being connected until I select sideload then all I get is sideload.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keithn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MRobbo80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
go into fastboot and flash a recovery then boot into recovery

Just tested stock recovery and the device doesn't even show as being connected until I select sideload then all I get is sideload.
My screen is black I can not see any options I am using the custom new cwm

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Did you try what I said? Can you at least get into the boot loader?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to Keithn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MRobbo80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Did you try what I said? Can you at least get into the boot loader?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet
sorry not sure how to boot in to fastboot?

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
sorry not sure how to boot in to fastboot?
I meant to say boot into the bootloader so you can use fastboot. From Nvidia
Code:
HW method:
   Turn off the device
   Press "Volume Down" -> "Power", hold "Volume Down" and leave Power buttons till device boots
So basically just hold vol - then press power and keep the vol button held but not the power. Should give you a black screen with some words on it and you can select a few different things. When you are there use fastboot like you would adb. Get a cwm image and give it the command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img
Put what ever name and location you have for your recovery image in place of cwm.img.

MRobbo80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
I meant to say boot into the bootloader so you can use fastboot. From Nvidia
Code:
HW method:
   Turn off the device
   Press "Volume Down" -> "Power", hold "Volume Down" and leave Power buttons till device boots
So basically just hold vol - then press power and keep the vol button held but not the power. Should give you a black screen with some words on it and you can select a few different things. When you are there use fastboot like you would adb. Get a cwm image and give it the command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery cwm.img
Put what ever name and location you have for your recovery image in place of cwm.img.
Thanks for your fast reply here is whats happening I have been working with a dev to get acip up and running, I have cwm recovery and have fully wiped the device and installed acip which currently is bootlooping. Now my problem is when I try to enter fastboot holding down -volume key and pressing the power it just splashes to the boot logo so no luck there but when I hold down volume + and power key I can hear the sound of a usb connecting to my computer but have a black screen only. So when I check device manager under windows I can see a yellow caution mark APX unknown device so at the moment trying to find a driver that will work so that's where I am really

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Thanks for your fast reply here is whats happening I have been working with a dev to get acip up and running, I have cwm recovery and have fully wiped the device and installed acip which currently is bootlooping. Now my problem is when I try to enter fastboot holding down -volume key and pressing the power it just splashes to the boot logo so no luck there but when I hold down volume + and power key I can hear the sound of a usb connecting to my computer but have a black screen only. So when I check device manager under windows I can see a yellow caution mark APX unknown device so at the moment trying to find a driver that will work so that's where I am really
Grab theses and see if they work. They are included with Nvidias tegra development tools.

Nvidia Drivers (shouldn't be much different than googles drivers but here they are.)

I don't think you are going to want it in APX anyways. I noticed it can be a pain to get the bootloader try keeping vol - held and only pressing power for a couple of seconds at most and give it a second for the screen to turn on. If you hit the splash screen then you missed the bootloader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keithn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MRobbo80
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Grab theses and see if they work. They are included with Nvidias tegra development tools.

Nvidia Drivers (shouldn't be much different than googles drivers but here they are.)

I don't think you are going to want it in APX anyways. I noticed it can be a pain to get the bootloader try keeping vol - held and only pressing power for a couple of seconds at most and give it a second for the screen to turn on. If you hit the splash screen then you missed the bootloader.
M8 IM IN MASSIVE THANK YOU :g ood:DAM THAT TEXT IS SMALL HONESTLY thank you very much

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Quote:
M8 IM IN MASSIVE THANK YOU :g ood:DAM THAT TEXT IS SMALL HONESTLY thank you very much
My tablet is now fully restoring my backup in cwm as I speak have one big grin on my face at the mo.

Keithn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

My tablet is now fully restoring my backup in cwm as I speak have one big grin on my face at the mo.
No problem good to hear