FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Change Volume

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By perun, Member on 22nd August 2014, 08:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th January 2015, 04:31 PM |#21  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Is there a way to boost headphone volume? Which value should I change

2nd February 2015, 12:51 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Just check the file. Instead of the speaker sections there are also headphone sections and other.
30th May 2015, 05:42 AM |#23  
Flag Las Cruces, NM
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercat

Is there a way to boost headphone volume? Which value should I change

Very simple to increase headphone volume. Even easier than increasing speaker volume because you only have to edit one line and only two characters.

1. using a root file explorer go to /etc and edit nvaudio_conf.xml (same as increasing speaker volume)

2. scroll down to the same path section as described in the original post of this thread, it looks like this:
<path>
<!--playback paths-->
<ctl name="Speaker Playback Volume" val="0x20"/>
<ctl name="HP Playback Volume" val="0x1e"/> change THIS to 0x25 for loud headphone volume. you can go as loud as 0x27 but I find that too loud.

3. reboot and enjoy your loud headphones!

@perun feel free to add this information to your original post if you wish.
20th June 2015, 12:28 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
@perun and @bluegizmo83 may I include this method in my ota 3.0 tutorial. (all credit given to you for this optimization) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3118187
Last edited by Pariahnoble; 20th June 2015 at 12:30 AM.
20th June 2015, 12:36 AM |#25  
Flag Las Cruces, NM
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahnoble

@perun and @bluegizmo83 may I include this method in my ota 3.0 tutorial. (all credit given to you for this optimization) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3118187

Sure, go for it!
20th June 2015, 12:39 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Thank you muchly, I think people will really like this (if they haven't found it already) i know it made my day for sure. The shield has really quiet headphone output. I'm gonna tinker around as well and see if this effects the hdmi output volume. Using hdmi to hook this up KILLS the sound quality so bad it sounds like pillows are over my speakers (logitech 5.1 surround). But it sounds better if I CRANK the volume up. This should cure it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread